Monday, March 4, 2024

Monday Miscellaney


Looking ahead, I die cut the 6" HSTs for my version of KF's Tussie Mussie quilt.

I'll get these sorted and paired so I can stitch a few in between the remaining seven blocks for DD12-Confetti.


I used some paper scraps to collage the fronts of a few note cards.  

These are the first four.  


Old book pages from thrifted books (in all sorts of languages), bits of sheet music, and a few map scraps make these fun to create and hopefully fun to look at for the recipients.

(also a not-too-intense after-dinner way to spend time in the studio)


There were a LOT of leftover end cuts and paired segments after finishing Abendrot and I've figured out a wonderful way to use them.

Friends of elder son's family (and ours) are expecting baby number two later this summer, so I shall turn the yellows plus some turquoise/teal yardage from the stash and leftover backing (tropical fabric) to make them a baby quilt.

(we gifted them Rainbow Charms for their first little boy)


And finally, I haven't shared the mid-February finish of the Green Journal in my ROYGBIV series - this is the front cover . . .


Pages from a thrifted children's book . . . 


SO many colors in a thrifted atlas . . . 


A gifted shirting block from Cherie (blog no longer active) . . . 


A postcard from Nann . . . 

(the missing first sentence of the quote was used on one of my green Rolodex cards)


And the back cover.

(Note - these ROYGBIV journals are created with plenty of empty space to add more bits and pieces over time)

P.S. - DH has tested positive for COVID so if I don’t post for a few extra days you will know why - especially since my computer is in the sunroom where he is staying.



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"The artist creates for the liberation of his soul.  It is his nature to create as it is the nature of water to run down the hill."
W. Somerset Maugham

9 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh so sorry your DH contracted covid!! ;((( hope he makes a fast recovery...
Your collaged cards are really pretty-with all those neutral papers!! Nice work...hugs, Julierose

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your Tussie Mussie fabrics have me wanting to put aside the "should do" things today and cut triangles. I want to make the pink/blue version too, don't remember the name but I think it's in 2 of Kaffe's books.
I hope you don't catch Covid too.

Nann said...

It's nice to have a spouse who generously shared, but NOT when it's Covid. Hope his case is mild and that you stay healthy. I'm happy to have contributed to your charming inspiration book. And I love the fabric pull for your new project!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Color, color, color- all such beautiful combos. Love the triangle prints.

Barbara Anne said...

Love those intense pink and green fabrics and they will make joyous HSTs!

I look forward to seeing how the new baby quilt grows since the quilt your gave to this baby's bit brother is dynamite!

It most be wonderful to have so much creativity inside you that it bursts into quilts of all kinds and now the Rolodex pages and eclectic books you create.

Wishing your sweetie well and hope he can keep from sharing with your or the rest of the family. What a bother for all.

Hugs!

Mystic Quilter said...

I have so enjoyed reading your post Julie - apart from the news that your DH has COVID - hope he recovers quickly and that you don't come down with it too.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

What a mouth watering assortment of beautiful color and form you have going on there. It is going to be gorgeous!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

AS always, lots going on with you. Your green journal is inspired!:) I hope that you're able to stay healthy. Prayers raised for your DH for speedy healing and a full recovery.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I somehow missed this post, but I'm so sorry to hear that Mr. Diva came down with Covid. No fun! I don't know what the risk for reinfection is, but I got Rebound Covid not long after the original case with Paxlovid administered. Congrats on finishing up your green journal in your ROGBIV series. I haven't started any single-color journals, but I really like the idea!