Friday, February 23, 2024

Abendrot - Almost


Abendrot did not want to wait . . . the nine rows are pieced, pressed, and on the design wall.

There are several spots where I will be changing out pairs (some replacements are already pinned over the offending pair).


In that first photo, there are two rows with the same pair reversed above and below each other.

Here I have pinned a replacement over one of them.

* * *

I'll let this sit for a bit and then make those corrections and get the rows sewn together.

If all goes as the math showed it would, the top will be 54" wide x 72" long.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page.  You can't edit a blank page."
Jodi Picoult

9 comments:

Julierose said...

Such a sunny and Springlike piece this will be...you've gotten a lot done setting this up on the design wall...
Hoping for a nice weekend to get some fresh air here...
hugs, Julierose

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love all of those yellows!

Annmarie said...

Very unique and interesting quilt. Lots to look at!

Millie Quilts said...

Pretty! I love the pops of pink!

Judy in Michigan said...

Very pretty! I love the splashes of pink. When you first showed the pairs, I didn't think it would turn out so gorgeous. Glad you know better!!

Barbara Anne said...

Looking good and will be like a patch of sunshine wherever it goes!! I suggest you consider the placement of the large bright rose in the 2nd row left as it draws my attention to it and it is very off center.

Hugs!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, that is such a cheerful project, Julie!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh this is such a happy looking project, I hope you keep those little pops of pink the mix!

Marie said...

Love this! All of those yellows together just makes me smile (and wish for an early spring!). Might have to follow your lead on this one...