Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Ruth - the Flimsy


Ruth is now a completed quilt top -- 56" wide by 72" long.

I had planned to take the top outside for photos because the colors are less stark that my photos show, but it super windy again today so indoor photos were the only workable option.


Here is a close up of some of the fabrics.


My long insert strip was exactly long enough for the backing - hooray!

(Tim Holtz Eclectic Elements Rue le Peltier)


Here is the quilt top laid over the end of the pressing table and backing.

I'm delighted with the way Ruth finally came together - I confess to having my doubts along the way but trusting the process paid off once again.

(and since someone will ask, the quilt in the background is named Someday is Now - inspired by a Sujata Shah design)


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"The act of sewing is a process of emotional repair."
Louise Bourgeois

12 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

Love, love, love the backing for Ruth and how beautiful the inset strip was exactly long enough :). Hoping you’ll share outside pics someday when you have calm skies.

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Ruth is simply beautiferous.

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE the close-up of all those fun prints!!

Julierose said...

I just love all the colors in "Ruth"--simply gorgeous finish on this, QDJulie...Beautiful pairings in this one...hugs, Julierose

Cathy said...

Looks like a garden in bloom with all the color and pops of green. And I do love a garden in bloom!

Barbara Anne said...

How cheerful Ruth is and that backing fabric with its insert couldn't be more perfect! Applause, applause!!

It's a treat to get a glimpse of "Someday is Now", too.

It's very windy here today so hope and pray the trees stay up - and that's no joke.

Hugs!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

"Ruth" is beautiful. That is a terrific backing fabric for it too.

Elaine Adair said...

W0w - I LOVE all those squaares and intersections and COLOR! And to make it better, I'm admiring the Kaleidoscope on the wall, a project I am working on right now, altho different design. Thank you for the quilting suggestion on the K - just what I needed! You are on a roll.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ruth is a Riot of color - I LOVE IT!

Vicki W said...

Ruth looks great and I love the back!

Mystic Quilter said...

You have the most amazing backing fabrics!!! Ruth is looking splendid - I feel another Maggie Pearl may possibly be in my future!

Many Hands and Many Hearts said...

This is lovely Julie. The colors are amazing!