Wu Wei is finished.
You can read the introductory post for it HERE.
This block is near the top of the wall hanging.
This one is near the bottom.
This block is the one in the center.
Hand stitched Kantha-style straight-ish lines
using several colors of Presencia Perle cottons.
Finished size 15.5" wide x 40.5" long
All three of the hand-stitched pieces are pinned on the
design/display wall at the entrance to my design studio.
(see first photo at the top of this post)
You can read about RAME by clicking HERE.
You can read about LEGACY by clicking HERE.
* * *
The process of stitching these
was definitely calming and relaxing.
But at this point, I don't know if I'll do any more.
Time will tell.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“Even if you think a conversation wasn’t important, be careful about whom you share it with. One of the most important aspects of listening is being trustworthy.”
Marla Tomazin






9 comments:
Wu Wei came out beautifully--I love the blue you chose to set off the blocks...this looks very Eastern nice work with the stitching...
hugs, Julierose
Your new quilt turned out beautifully. Machine quilting is a LOT faster! At least you found the hand stitching to be relaxing, Julie. I typically find it to be a pain in the hand! :o((
You did a good job preserving a bit of history with those blocks. I couldn't imagine how the big stitch would work on that but I am impressed. It came out nice.
A lovely different way to use those blocks, very effective.
Love how you've used these blocks Julie, beautiful astitching!
Beautiful finishes!I love your sunflower quilt too.
Beautiful finishes on your wall. I could use some of those squirrel helpers in my studio. Thanks for sharing.
A perfectly lovely display; so diverse and compelling to study and explore. This last finish of the year is unique and so full of color and life- a true treasure!
I love what you did with Wu Wei. I have an old orphan block that I found among my mother's sewing things. It looks like it might have been one of her earliest pieced blocks (she was kind of a perfectionist; this was not a perfect block, and I love that about it). Maybe some day I'll make it into something like your Wu Wei and hang it on my sewing room wall.
Post a Comment