Tuesday, December 29, 2020

My 'Word' for 2021


It's time to announce my "word" for 2021.

I've chosen COLOR.

Why?

Let's start with the text on the graphic below.

Those words say SO much . . .




I found the photo online but I've never seen it 
with any kind of attribution.
If any of you know the original source, 
please let me know and I'll add it here.

1/3/2021 update :

The quote is by wrdsmith, a LA based street artist who uses
a manual typewriter font to post inspirational messages. 

(this installation is in LA at one of the movie studios) 




I've shared this photo before
showing two of the three shelf units
that house my stash and resource boxes.

It's pretty easy to see that I love color.

Color motivates me.

Color soothes me.

Color makes me happy.

Color lets me bring joy to others.

Color is a language with endless possibilities.




So during the coming year I will share a quotation
about color (aka colour) at the end of every post
as a way of sharing my fascination with you.

Stay tuned!



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“Colour is like food for the spirit – plus it’s not addictive or fattening.”
Isaac Mizrahi

24 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Your colourful shelves have me shopping for some bright colours to make a quilt with.....

Dorothy said...

Nice word for the year. Even nicer shelves :-)

Louise SS said...

Good choice! Here in Sweden people are so afraid of color, or maybe they think they are trendy .... Everything is withe with shades of grey. I love white, all my walls are white but nothing else is! With white walls I can use any color all I want. The white sets it off! I keep saying: More color to the people!

Linda Swanekamp said...

And don't you just love the English spelling of "colour", it just seems richer somehow. Color is one of the main reasons I quilt.

Julierose said...

Just a perfect choice for your 2021 "word"--let's color 2021 "Happy" and "Kinder" hugs, Julierose

Sally Langston Warren said...

I love color, too! How did we end up in a world of silver, gray, black, white, cream colored cars? Don’t you miss the colorful cars of the 50s, 60s, 70s?

Rebecca said...

Color.... Lovely!

My word for last year was complete in all its forms. Actually did pretty well with it. I posted the word on the fridge and occasionally looked at it and contemplated (another c word) what I had going on. Haven't picked on for the new year yet...

The Joyful Quilter said...

Now, there's a word for the year that I can work with, Julie!! I'll be looking forward to those color quotes. Wishing you a Quilty New Year!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Great idea. I love color too. It's interesting that in the word bubble green is the only one where the color and word match.

JustGail said...

I've said for years that if you have a color quandry, find a child that hasn't had their color thoughts ruined by education yet.

I find it very interesting that the photo of your shelves makes me happy, looking at my own shelves - not so much. I wonder if it's because yours are neat and organized, not messed up and over stuffed like mine, or if it's because your shelves are fabrics you use and love now, not fabrics you used to like but not now.

Alison said...

I've enjoyed your quotes this past year about listening, and am looking forward to seeing what quotes you chose to use on colour (British heritage, living in Canada). As your first quote says, Colour is food for the spirit.

MissPat said...

I love color (colour), too, but don't use it quite as effectively as you do. I'll keep learning. I also eagerly anticipate the delicious quotes on color that I am sure you will discover and share. Great graphic on color and so true. It's very hard to buy colorful clothing here in the northeastern US. Even one of the Pantone colors of the year is gray. We don't need more gray in our lives. We need color!
Pat

ckrut said...

Anne/Greenleaf Studios-I had to go back and look. For some reason I love that bubble!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Wonderful!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Totally great word - and It fits you to a T!! I love how colorful your shelves are!!

audrey said...

Yes, the word is so perfect for you and your love of color! Looking forward to following your quilty adventures through the next year! You're an inspiration to many of us.:)

sue s said...

Color is a wonderful word. Both my children when they were young were corrected at school for wrong apple "colors". I still have my daughter's painting of a blue apple and I love it.

Mystic Quilter said...

Great choice of word for 2021 Julie!! Looking forward to reading your quotations.

Cathy said...

Looking forward to the colors and quotes of 2021!

Mari said...

Color is a great word for you! I already admire your use of color and look forward to seeing even more vibrant, happy quilts. And I'm also looking forward to the quotes!

Ann said...

An excellent word for any year. I look forward to your results and quotes. Happy New Year.

Kaja said...

Great choice! I'm looking forward to the quotes too.

Magpie Sue said...

Excellent!

sylviaweir.wordpress.com said...

that quote is by wrdsmith, a LA based street artist who uses a manual typewriter font for his work to post inspirational messages. That particular stele is in LA at one of the movie studios. You can look up his work at wrdsmith. If you look at the side of that stele you will see his name printed sideways.

It is a great quote and one of my favorite gifts was a big box of crayons I didn't have to share with anyone.