The big roll of batting has arrived . . .
As soon as I use the last of the current roll
this one will be loaded onto the storage bar
underneath my drafting/cutting table.
For now it makes me happy waiting in the corner.
I've been going to make these journal covers
since early spring . . .
The best part is that all seven are now D-O-N-E.
Two went to younger son,
two will be Christmas gifts,
and the other three are mine.
(there's a permanent link in my sidebar
to Wanda's journal cover tutorial)
The second half of Yuletide's blocks
have been taken down off the design wall.
20 wide x 24 long is a LOT of small blocks,
hence all those pins now back in their pin cushions.
I put a major effort into combining the many short
lengths of segments for Dumpster Diving 10 - Do Tell
into two continuous lengths so I could sub-cut and
assess how many slabs I could make.
Turns out I have more than enough of the aqua
and I need enough for only two more slabs in pink.
Each slab's strips are in one quart size bag
ready and waiting to be stitched together.
Then the real fun can begin.
With the design wall empty it was time
to create the scrappy back for Jingle Bells.
I used the leftover Yuletide squares bordered with
leftover binding strips for the vertical insert.
* * *
A little bit of this and a little bit of that
really added up to quite a bit of progress.
I'm finding that smaller short term goals
are working better for me right now,
despite the fact that I'm also gathering ideas
and envisioning fabric pulls for a wide variety
of future quilts that may or may not be made.
Keeps both sides of my brain happy
which is no small feat these days.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“The pains you feel are messengers. Listen to them”
Rumi






8 comments:
Beautiful journal covers--they will make such lovely gifts!! I am looking forward to seeing your Jingle Bells back...hugs, Julierose
I like smaller and short term goals. Gives me a real sense of accomplishment. You have accomplished a lot lately! Made me smile when you said you're going to pull fabric for projects that may, or may not, become reality! Ah, the possibilities get to us every time, don't they?
SO much accomplished and so orderly. How I would love to have a roll of batting and a place to put it!!! I used to buy it at Joann's on sale, I like warm and natural for wall quilts and 80/20 for bed quilts but then the pandemic risk is high here so I don't go to Joann. Your studio is so inviting I wish I could come over and see your ongoing exhibition
LeeAnna
Short term goals is the only way to live at my age. Every day is a gift to be used wisely.
The journal covers are wonderful and I love seeing 'familiar' fabrics being used for them Julie.
I cannot believe how much sewing you accomplish. I swear I don't think you sleep much at all.
Amazing!!
Those Journal covers are lovely, Julie, and SEW useful!! Thanks for sharing your bits of progress. The BEST part of the post was the fact that you acknowledged that your bits of progress added up to a LOT of work! We all need to hear that and accept it as truth. I appreciate the reminder.
You have been busy. The journal covers are nice. Thanks for sharing your pics and notes.
You really are busy with your projects, never made the journal covers but an excellent idea for gifts, especially at Christmas. Love your last sentence in this post and also the quote from Rumi, I regularly read his quotes, they are excellent and the one you have today is perfect.
Post a Comment