At some point in time I decided I would make
a series of twelve Dumpster Diving quilts.
Since then I've made myself dizzy with ideas.
This past week I decided enough was enough.
Dumpster Diving 9 - Blue Springs Road
will feature these blue and white strips cut from
an impulsively purchased fat quarter bundle.
I'll mix in some yellows and possibly bits of gray
and use the free Spring design
by Valori Wells for Kaufman Fabrics.
I'll use this yardage for DD-9's backing.
The color palette for Dumpster Diving 10 - Do Tell
was inspired by the thought of
a bouquet of full blown pink peonies in
one of my grandmother's vintage aqua mason jars.
(name inspired by an award-winning
lush pink peony variety from the 1940s)
I've gathered these pieces from the resource and crumb boxes
ready to be run through the die cutter when the time comes.
This is the yardage I chose for DD 10's backing.
Dumpster Diving 11 - Mischief Maker
is underway as one of my RSC 2020 projects.
January's blocks are here.
February's blocks are here.
March's blocks are waiting to be made.
The yardage above (right) will be DD11's backing
and the yardage on the left will be it's binding.
Dumpster Diving 12 - Journey's End
will feature black and white and red.
I have a design in mind
but need to do a bit more planning
between now and the time this one begins.
EDIT ADDED LATER -
DD 12 - Journey's End did not happen.
The red and black strips eventually became
an Etcetera Quilt known as Drama Queen,
which was donated to Mercyful Quilts
during Hands2Help 2022.
You can use the Drama Queen label at the end
of this post to see the posts for that quilt.
And this will be the backing for DD 12.
* * *
Meanwhile . . .
is still waiting to be quilted
and
is ready and waiting for block construction.
* * *
It will obviously be a while
before the rest of this series is worked on
but at least I can quit thinking about how
I'm going to finish out this series of 12 quilts.
Decisions made.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“There will be a few times in your life when all your instincts will tell you to do something, something that defies logic, upsets your plans, and may seem crazy to others. When that happens, you do it. Listen to your instincts and ignore everything else. Ignore logic, ignore the odds, ignore the complications, and just go for it.”
Anonymous








13 comments:
Those fabric pulls look really good. Congratulations, Julie!! Now, let's see how intact the plans remain between now and completion of those... :P
I love the way you can pull fabrics beforehand and then it works out looking so lovely!! I cannot seem to do that..I pull as I go somehow--but I am going to try this method..we'll see just how lousy I am at color!! hahaha hugs, Julierose
P.S. sheltering here--stay safe now...
That is an ambitious series, but from the looks of it, it's going to be awesome. Stay safe and healthy!
that mischief maker fabric back is lush! I'm glad one of us is sewing...
Love the DD series, and your upcoming DDs fabric choices. Oh my, you have a lovely stash of fabrics. I've been thinking of several gift quilts I want to make, and thinking I need to do fabric pulls (just in case I need to buy some fabric - lol). Today may be the day to go through my stash, see what comes together, and make my list. Then I can get to making and stop thinking about it.
I love the back for Mischief Maker! How did I miss that one?! It's lovely to have plans so your mind can focus on other things. As someone else said however, it will be interesting to see what changes occur in your plans between now and project completion. ;-)
I sure like your dumpster :)
I'm always in awe of your beautiful fabric. You're right, now the decisions have been made, you mind can settle down and just sew.
So many beautiful fabrics. Wow.
I could sit and look at your beautiful fabrics all day.
Good day for planning! Valori Wells design has many possibilities, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it.
What beautiful fabrics you are playing with. Anticipating what you will make with them has my mouth watering!
The backing fabric for Mischief Maker is the inspiration fabric for my version of the Seeing stars Sew Along by Diane Knott at Butterfly Threads. I've used the smaller scale coordinating fabric in some of the blocks and may use the larger scale one as a border. I love the backing you chose for DD 10, but it's another one of those fabrics I'd have a hard time cutting up. Looking forward to furtherdevelopments.
Post a Comment