Friday, March 13, 2020

Bits of Progress



I finally pulled out my "teal" scraps for March's RSC.

These rectangles will form one Meals on Wheels
placemat top and I'll use the yardage for the back.




These 1.5" strips will form a second MoW placemat top
with another piece of yardage for the back.




I've sorted and cut segments for the two 12.5" blocks
for Dumpster Diving 11 - Mischief Maker.

These pinned pairs will become the "lighter" block.




And these darker pinned pairs will become
the second block for March.

* * *

I'm busy quilting the huge 70s quilt so
there isn't much sit-and-stitch time right now.

But these WILL get done in due time.




I love the new sign above my studio window.

(purchased at Hobby Lobby)

And my 2019 Christmas present Koala sewing chair
is in the photo as well - SO much nicer
than my old one and there are NO arms
to hit on the side wing of my table.

Sometimes it really is all about the details.

* * *

Click HERE to see what the other RSC folks
are doing with their teal/aqua/turquoise scraps.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“I listened, but I had a small piece of fluff in my ear.”

Winnie the Pooh by A.A. Milne

7 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

I wondered if that was a new sign. LOVE it!! Nice TEAL progress, too.

Angie said...

I imagine we will all be spending lots of time in our Happy Place over the next several weeks. Thank goodness for Fabric Therapy! Love the sign!

Kathy S. said...

Love the idea of MoW placemats! What a welcomed item added to the meal to make someone feel special. The bright colors are very cheery.

Janie said...

Happy Place, that is perfect!
Good progress on projects too. Decisions on arranging and color choice take a long time for me.
Once I jump in and start stitching the story almost writes itself.

Julie in GA said...

I look forward to seeing your placemats come together. Love the sign!

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh nice collection of teals Julie! Your new chair looks very comfortable, as you say it will be far better to not have a chair with arms≥

gayle said...

Gorgeous teals!
And 'Happy Place' certainly sums it all up!