Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Laurel Meets Freddy & Ruth

This colorful quilt is finished ~ these close ups show the happy free motion swirls Chris quilted.

Here's another view of the quilt on our front porch wicker rocker ~ yes, I used scrappy binding.


Karen ~ this picture is for you (quilt draped over front porch railing) . . . I tried several times over the last couple of days to find a spot where I could take a photo of the whole quilt, but none of them turned out (this one is meant to be used and enjoyed not hung flat anywhere).


Here's a link to the earlier post on this quilt ~ explaining the name and how the quilt came to be.

p.s. Ice Cream Roses was gifted over the weekend ~ the kids had spent the afternoon at a local orchard picking peaches and black raspberries, so they were hot and tired when they stopped to share some of the fruit with us. I didn't grab the camera but there was a priceless moment when Lauren wrapped the quilt around her shoulders and stood quietly gazing out the window as Eric came up behind and wrapped his arms around her . . .

As Mrs. Goodneedle says, Life is Good!

Quiltdivajulie

8 comments:

Helen said...

Your quilt is gorgeous.

I went to the quilt shop to get this pattern, you inspired me so. Unfortunately, this particular pattern was not available at my q.s.

However, my dear proprietor suggested another pattern that is similar in the raw edge applique construction and I bought it.

Again, your inspirational quilt is responsible for my leaving the computer and going upstairs to my sewing heaven to begin cutting out MY project.

Hugs.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Mimi ~ I can't think of a nicer compliment! Best wishes with your project. . . Julie

jovaliquilts said...

Lovely, as always. Scrappy bindings can be just wonderful!
You're so lucky to have such a wonderful machine quilter. Her work really complements your tops.

Anonymous said...

It looks great, I love the scappy binding!!

Magpie Sue said...

Lauren wrapped the quilt around her shoulders and stood quietly gazing out the window as Eric came up behind and wrapped his arms around her . . .
Awww. {happy sigh}

Cher said...

didn't that turn out smashing? a beautiful quilt indeed...and all your Priority small quilts/postcards are fabulous.

quiltmom anna said...

HI Julie,
I love both of your quilts- I am a huge fan of Laurel Burch- It greatly saddens me that she died so young- Her fabrics are so fun and bright- I especially love her cat fabrics.
As for Freddy - she is a lady after my own heart- I have both of the books that she has done with Gwen Marston. She radiates color..

Your son and daughter in law are very fortunate- The quilt is stunning- subtle and rich at the same time- I am sure that they will enjoy wrapping your love around them each and every time that they use your beautiful gift.

Thanks for sharing your lovely work.
Warmest regards,
Anna

*karendianne. said...

Oh my but this is so happy and pretty. I have such a strong desire for this one. I'm happy to know it's intended for use!

I am honored to see the photo on the porch as well. :) I love that!