Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Four More

These four are my 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th Priority Quilts for 2009 (bringing my grand total to 67). And, in case you haven't heard about the very special vintage quilt auction going on to raise research funds for AAQI, click here to learn more!

Don't you just love the little teddy bear sweater on I Love Hugs?!


Garden of Friends was hand embroidered many years ago and spent much of its life as a pillow. Now it has been re-worked into a Priority Quilt (it really is straighter than the photo shows).

Serenity is a collaborative Priority Quilt. Wanda from Exuberant Color sent me some orphan blocks a while back. I added batiks from my stash to her center block. Chris then quilted the piece.


Elsie's Potholder features a vintage crocheted potholder appliqued onto a gorgeous vanilla paisley. Elsie was my paternal grandmother.

Still stitching binding on the recent group of quilts that Chris returned over the last couple of weeks ~ stay tuned for more finish photos soon.

Quiltdivajulie

9 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Oh these are all such prizes, such irresistible works! Elsie's Postholder has to be my favorite though. I'm such a sucker for grandma's work.

jovaliquilts said...

I like the idea of repurposing older items into small quilts. It's a way to see and admire them. I had a few old pieces of handcrocheted doilies and this would be a good way to display them. And I love that hugs sweater!

Michele Bilyeu said...

You are so creative about coming up with really clever but quite easy donations. I just love that about you!

You inspire others to see that 'yes' I could make some, too! I actually started a few and put them into boxes and now I truly am inspired by you, to bring them out and finish them!!!!They really are such fun to make! And your collection and your gifts are so wonderful!!!!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

These are precious pieces, each and every one speaking volumes! Well done, Julie!

Diane said...

I recognized Wanda's work right away. The potholder quilt is fabulous ~ just charming!

Magpie Sue said...

What a great idea, to repurpose old stitcheries and pot holders and things into Priority Quilts! I, too, particularly love Elsie's Potholder. I'll be looking at my stuff with a new perspective now.

The Calico Cat said...

I have some crocheted potholders that were made by my great-grandmother too!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Millie said...

those are gorgeous.