Paint Party, No. 12 in the Macnas series, is finished.
Quilted using Glide thread in Yellow Whisper and my liberated all-over nested spiral fans.
I had planned to bind Paint Party using a black and white stripe but after switching backings, I used the same fabric for binding.
(Color Splash Multi purchased from eQuilter)
Again, I am so glad I made the decision a few weeks back to eventually gift eight quilts from this series, otherwise I would have let myself fall head over heels with Paint Party.
* * *
Next up in the quilting queue will be RUSKA as it needs to be gifted in early August.
Once Ruska is finished, it will be Yutori's turn.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"Creativity doesn't wait for that perfect moment. It fashions its own
perfect moments out of ordinary ones."
Bruce Garrabrandt
7 comments:
Paint Party is a wonderful interpretation of the picture of YM & the restaurant owner painting. The backing is perfect for it! The story elevates this finish above some of the other wonderful Macnas quilts, Julie. my hat is off to you ⭐️.
What a fabulously colorful quilt finish, Julie!!
Been there done that about falling in love with a quilt I had already planned to gift. Like you, once I know a quilt I am working on has a home it isn’t mine.
Love this quilt. Love everything about it.
Another perfect backing for a very colorful quilt. I wondered what you were going to do with all the Macnas quilts. Better to get them out in the world than stored in a closet where no one can see them.
Pat
The backing is so perfect for the quilt and the story behind it.
I usually like to keep a quilt at least 6 months before I decide I'm gifting it. I have only made a few that were for someone else right from the beginning.
That looks like it was so much fun to make! I'm sure the recipient will love it.
Paint Party binding is just perfect as is the backing, too. Such a lovely finish to your series, QDJulie...Nice works all hugs, Julierose
Post a Comment