Trouvaille was my first finished quilt for 2026. It's informal reveal post is HERE.
Camp Sefton was in action for 10 days while Mommy and Daddy were out of town.
Biscuit's and Nutsie's new stuffie quilts were designed and made during Young Man's stay (link here).
He also worked on the layout for their new autumn ottoman quilt named Ruska (click here to see him in action).
(Ruska - the time of fall foliage, the process of tree leaves turning various shades of red, yellow, purple, and brown in the autumn)
The quilt top was finished after dinner on the last day of February - it's roughly 52" x 70" at this point.
The filmstrip backing is perfect since this will be used in the room where they watch their television. The long-stashed KF diagonal stripe will make wonderful binding.
They don't need the finished quilt until fall so Ruska can now wait until the three gift quilts are finished.
Fandango, no. 7 of 12 in my Macnas series, was also quilted and finished. That post with outdoor photos is HERE.
In between, I finalized two small journals that were started last year.
This one contains a lot of magazine photos containing typewriters and a few with old cameras, ink bottles and fountain pens mixed in.
I keep thinking I'd like a typewriter again but then I remember how much space they take up and how little I would actually use it and I step back; remembering I can use a typewriter font on the computer for the bits to go in my journals.
But these photos still remind me of the hours on end that I've spent at a typewriter and/or keyboard . . . none of which were as cheerful and colorful as this photo.
This is the final page in that journal.
The other finished journal - titled Just Words - is my second creative commonplace book.
This was the approach I took throughout the eclectic mix of pages, which ironically hold just over 100 quotes or saved passages.
No need to worry about an official 100 Day Project when I have just finished an unofficial equivalent without any of the fuss or pressure to document the process day by day.
And this is the piece I plan to write on the final page of Just Words.
This is the March first backyard photo. Still very much khaki season here, but if you look closely to the right of the tree and just under the azalea, there's a clump of blooming daffodils. And, when the light is just right, we are starting to see the first subtle hints of hazy green softening the bare branches. Not yet, but soon.
Next up - quilting and finishing Incandescent.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"The best part about making a mistake is deciding if it will be an anchor or a sail."
J. K. Kennedy
5 comments:
Oh, wow, I love the JFK quote. Such a profound concept expressed in so few words. I love the pansy backing…..their faces are so cheerful and inviting. Our daffodils are not up yet but we have an increase in bird songs which brings me such joy to hear.
Did you know actor Tom Hanks has a collection of over 300 typewriters? He also wrote a book, Uncommon Type, you might enjoy.
I have a typewriter and while I don’t use it often, it is a fun option. And my grandsons love to play with it. I spent a lot of time collating this weekend. Creative energies are so good.
Just some lovely finishes for February and WIPS, too, QDJulie;)))
Daffodils in your yard--how neat!! We are still under snow packed here--we have a H U G E mountain of snow on the front by the cul-de-sac we reside on...it'll take until May for that to melt!! Esp'ly since it's only around 22 here these days...hoping for a warm up and some melting soon...I actually got out to do needed food restock early this morning--felt good to get out a bit...
hugs, Julierose
You had a productive and colorful month!
Our grass is the same color as yours and other than Sedum buds starting at the base of the plants, under the leaves, there aren't many signs of spring.
Post a Comment