Let's start with the June 1 backyard photo . . . the grass is definitely greener and the plants are doing extra well after nearly 2 weeks of rainy days.
During May, the following projects moved forward:
Hanabi, Macnas series no. 10, is a finished quilt.
Yutori, Macnas series no. 13, is now a quilt top, and so is
Holus-Bolus, the first bonus quilt to come from the Macnas series.
Young Man and his family attended the annual Italian Festival last weekend. I'm not sure which parent took this photo, but I love it.
DH took this photo (through the kitchen window) of our resident bunny. He's grown so much from our first sighting earlier this year.
And finally, as I was putting away a stack of leftover pieces and parts, I realized there was another quilt lurking in that project box.
The backing under the color groups is one I've had in the stash for a while now and it couldn't be more perfect for this future top.
* * *
I'm not making any studio predictions for June - I have my 2026 spreadsheet but only time will tell how much I move forward.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"We should learn to ask, "What's not wrong?" and be in touch with that."
Thich Nhat Hanh
6 comments:
What a wonderful picture of YM! I feel like it would make an awesome print on metal. Those Macnus leftovers keep on giving, no?
Super photo of Young Man--growing up so fast!! ;))
Boy, when you cut, you cut, QDJulie--all those leftovers even after all those lovely Macnas quilts;))) It has been a really prolific year for you so far...nice works hugs, Julierose
I love your backyard photo, and lucky you to get so much rain. We sit under a dome of dry air so the rain doesn't reach us.
I love leftovers, fabric or food. Have fun with that next quilt.
A sneak-peek of fun things to come! Your young man is growing up fast; so handsome and happy!
Great projects on the go, Julie. Fabulous photo of YM! Best wishes for a fun summer and I hope it might involve another Camp Sefton quilt.
Great recap! Love the colors and patterns in the quilts. Young man is certainly growing, yikes! Spending the week with my little grands in PA- the big grands don't particularily like hanging around anymore. Love all the possibilites in that fabric.
Post a Comment