Welcome to Spring 2026. I know many of you are still dealing with winter-ish weather which is what I grew up with, but here in western Tennessee the new growing season has begun.
This is one of our pot-planted hostas coming up for its third season.
Yesterday, DH brought home four of the combo planters we use to fill our largest backyard pots. It makes us so happy to see these from the kitchen window instead of only khaki color grass.
I'm already planning a trip to my favorite garden center to spend time with the newly arriving plants and flowers.
This is an early morning photo of our "eager beaver" hosta.
Given the success we've had with overwintering in pots, I think we'll add a few more hostas this year.
Indoors I've swapped out our St. Patrick's Day decor for Easter bunnies and eggs. When I finished the second scrappy runner made with leftovers from Esperance and Haru, someone asked me what I was going to do with a 110" runner. This time of year, it lives on the dining room buffet until the next seasonal decor shift when it will return to the back of the rocking chair in my studio.
* * *
Young Man will be here this weekend for a sleepover. No rain in the forecast so I'm guessing the backyard swing will see some action along with his scooter.
In the studio, Razzle Dazzle is pin basted and ready for quilting next week while Morning Fog is waiting patiently.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"Happiness? The color of it must be spring green.” —Frances Mayes
5 comments:
What a fabulous picture of YM!!
So neat to see plants come up--i do have a couple of early daffs forging their greenery out...but still pretty cold.
Hugs julierose
>Come on spring! Thanks for encouragement. Also, Thank You for the word, Coddywomple (I spelled it wrong on my quilt of same name). The definition of that word is entirely how/why I make quilts! No photo yet
YM is like my husband, my son and his son. They all love climbing trees! I love hostas. Sadly, they don't care for Florida temperatures. There are 4 varieties, supposedly, but the local nursery only recommended one. I bought one to try...I haven't seen it pop up yet!
I haven't checked to see if any Hostas are peeking out but I did see the beginning of a Peony up near the house. We will still go below freezing one night next week so I'm not moving the leaves off the garden yet.
Post a Comment