Saturday, December 6, 2025

Githerments and Trouvaille Make Progress


I decided that since Fandango (Macnas series no. 7 of 12) will be quilted early next year, I'd like to have Githerments (a bonus quilt made with leftover rectangles from Fandango and Blossoms) ready to be quilted as well.  With the same color palette I should be able to use the same quilting threads.  

To that end, I went ahead and spent part of an afternoon power sewing the remaining sets of color rectangles with black and white squares. 


The half-block strips are much neater since being pressed.


Next step was to sort the half-block strips based on the rectangle's color (41 unique fabrics in the mix).

This photo was taken after I'd started pairing pinks with purples (that's the taller stack at the far end of the dining room table).

I came up a few pinks short so I'll cut 24 additional rectangles, pair them with the leftover black and white squares and then pair the new half-block strips with the leftover purples.

I need a total of 156 4" x 6" (finished) blocks to lay out the quilt top (along the lines of Caim and Comfortable).


The nutcrackers on our dining room buffet kept a close eye on my work.


I've also gotten the back pieced and pressed for Trouvaille.  The back (left), batting (center) and top (right) are rolled onto pool noodles ready for me to pin baste the quilt sandwich early next week.  Trouvaille will be the 12th quilt for my annual quilt calendar so I need to get it done soon - the calendar itself is laid out and ready to order as soon as I have photos of this last 2025 finished quilt.

(the wrinkled batting on the far right is the last 62" from the giant roll - it has plenty of time to relax before I use it with one of the smaller quilts in the waiting-to-be-finished queue).


Quiltdivajulie


6 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

And one (or two) quilt projects begets another one :) We had a first time ever sighting of a tiny red squirrel at our bird feeder. It’s only 5 1/2 oz and wasn’t heavy enough to close off access to the sunflower seeds. Ollie made a repeat visit to the feeder and now my most recent squirrel project has a name, lol.

cityquilter grace said...

ooh those pinks and blacks are stunning!

Helenchaffin said...

The black & white prints pairs very well with the purples

swooze said...

Wow you have some beauties here!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have a piece of wrinkled, end of roll batting, on my table too.

Barbara Anne said...

What a jubilant quilt Githerments will be and the eye candy when you assemble it should have you joyful!
Love the backing for Trouvaille and all the progress you've made. Wish I had energy like you do!
Our 4" Friday snow has mostly melted into a muddy mess and now we have a 60% chance of more snow tomorrow. Odd for early December here.

Hugs!