Thursday, December 4, 2025

Forward Motion for Full Deck Challenge 3


I had wondered why the weekly prompts for Full Deck Challenge suddenly ended with week 44, and now I've found out that the organizer (Shana from Shanouki Arts on You Tube) has been swallowed up with real-life obligations leaving her no time to create videos (at least for the time being).

Instead she has released the remaining prompts for FDC3 and now I'm making my shipping tags to finish out the year.

The prompt for week 46 was FAIRY.

I cut this image from a reproduction copy of Cicely Mary Barker's Flower Fairies book.


And on the tag's reverse, I included the poem that accompanied the image.


Skipping ahead to week 48, the prompt was DANGLES.

I used a small piece of crocheted tatted doily edging, a scrap of flower punched watercolor paper, and another scrap of background paper.


On the reverse, another tiny snipped of the crochet tatting attached only along the upper edge so the edging dangles freely against the tag was added atop a used dryer sheet. (edit added later - thanks to the readers who pointed out that her handwork is actually tatting / I'll go in and correct my note on the tag as well as the edits I've made here).


Skipping further ahead to week 50, the prompt is WONKY HOUSE.

I immediately pulled out this photo of a wonky house created by Heidi B (SSOBB member from Germany) and used it as the front of my tag.


On the back of the tag I added a credit note for Heidi as the maker.

On my studio table, I've pulled pieces and parts make the remaining tags and then it will be time for a recap post (still pondering how I want to handle that).

* * *


In other news, the White Flower Farm amaryllis that Cherie surprised me with is showing signs of growth!  It's an apple blossom variety that produces 24" stalks bearing pink and white flowers.  Thank you, Cherie!



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Kindness doesn't need a reason.  It's a quiet light that travels farther than we ever know."
Dede Hawkins

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi Julie, just FYI, the crochet doily bits are actually tatted, not crocheted! Love your blot, I check it every day! Ex-pat in Germany.

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie, just FYI - those lacy bits are definitely not crocheted, but are tatted! Love your blog and all that you share!- daily reader, ex-pat in Germany

Julierose said...

Adorable flower fairy tag--and neat dangle crocheted piece, QDJulie...and wonky house is so cute...nice prompts.
My amaryllises are in the mail winging their way to me. I tried keeping last year's alive, but sadly no go...;((( hugs, Julierose

Barbara Anne said...

Delightful tags to go with the prompts! Love the Flower Fairy and poem. Did you ever buy any of the Flower Fairy fabric when it was made 20+ years ago?
I see a tiny stalk of green in your pot!!
We may get a bit of snow overnight and tomorrow but the forecast is for 2" or less.

Hugs!

Helenchaffin said...

These are so.pretty!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sorry to hear that life has stepped in the way of Shana's posting. You certainly made quick work of the recently released prompts! That flower fairy tag is adorable and, of course, I love the house tag.