In mid-November I picked up a three-pack of waxed amaryllis bulbs when we were at Costco.
There were only the barest hint of green tips beginning to show.
This is the one in my design studio (north facing window).
This is the one in front of my sewing machine (east facing window to the right).
And this one lives in our sunroom where it gets light from the east and the south.
I've purchased blooming items from this women-owned company before and I've never been disappointed. It appears these bulbs are happily following that same trajectory.
Also in the sunroom are both of my Christmas cacti.
I've never ever had cacti bloom like these two are right now - absolutely gorgeous.
This is the second cactus. Again - absolutely beautiful.
Time will tell if these will bud and bloom a second time - they did last year and flowered until well after Valentine's Day. Fingers crossed that happens again this year.
* * *
No sewing has taken place but I've spent a small bit of time playing with the two rolodex projects. Otherwise November's decor has been packed away for another year and Christmas decorating is moving right along. Tomorrow is mammogram morning with errands afterwards followed by the final decorating effort. With other things on the calendar, it will likely be later in the week before I can start quilting Trouvaille. All in good time.
Quiltdivajulie
To all of you who have left comments over the past week, I sincerely apologize for not answering each of you individually. Our internet was out for close to three days which caused all manner of disruption (although a lot of reading ensued). Beyond that life simply got in the way of keyboarding. Thank you for your kind words - I definitely read each of your comments and appreciate your time in doing so.
8 comments:
My friend in MT always buys those 3 pack Amaryllis and has great luck with them. Your cactus plants are beautiful. Most of them do bloom twice and sometimes 3 times.
WOW those cacti blooming are fabulous, QD Julie; and the amaryllis look like they will be spectacularly full of blossoms...I didn't have luck with my waxed one last year; this year I sent for a kit--hoping it will come soon...my cacti haven't re-bloomed as of yet...
A cold 33 degrees here this morning but sunny; expecting stormy weather overnight--but most likely only sleet/slush here as our ocean temp is still 48 degrees--so still warm-ish...
Hugs, Julierose
Your flowers are marvelously gorgeous as are their surroundings!
Wishing you well tomorrow, too.
Hugs!
Your cacti are gorgeous. That pink one has spectacular blooms. I have over a dozen Christmas and Thanksgiving cacti (and one Easter). One, a true Christmas cactus, is over 20 years old. Several of my older ones are desperately in need of repotting, but they are so big, it's a real chore to do it. Yet they all keep putting out blossoms, most usually twice a year. I don't have as much luck with amaryllis.
Pat
That wax bulb is amazing
Beautiful blooms, Julie! Here's hoping your mammo went well.
The waxed amaryllis is beautiful... but I'm really blown away by your amazing quilt on the wall... so lovely. The colors, the pattern, and the quilting. I love it.
Happy Advent to you and your loved ones.
Hug Viola
The waxed amaryllis is beautiful... but I'm really blown away by your amazing quilt on the wall... so lovely. The colors, the pattern, and the quilting. I love it.
Happy Advent to you and your loved ones.
Hug Viola
Post a Comment