This is how I "lay out" the rows for my Macnas series of quilts - by making sure no fabric is directly touching itself in the previous row and that the more distinctive fabrics are not directly in line with each other in previous rows.
And then there was a finished quilt top (shown here with the scrappy pieced backing fabrics).
Once Fandango is pressed, I'll take a photo of it laying on the floor in my studio.
Not on the design wall?
Well . . .
That's because the design wall is busy at the moment. I started leader-ender sewing the previously sorted-into-three-strips blocks for Incandescent as I finished the final row of Fandango. And then I sewed a few more.
The top will be arranged with 12 blocks wide by 16 blocks long (only 15 on the wall because I can't reach any higher - you can see the 16th row's block on the black table).
Inspired by my quilt named Hoppipolla (which was inspired by Amanda Jean Nyberg who was inspired by a vintage quilt), Incandescent is being pieced using 2" strips (instead of 1.5"). Some of the bright, mostly polka-dotted fabrics were part of a 2023 fabric swap with Wanda - the rest are from my stash.
* * *
We celebrated someone special's birthday number 9 last night . . . he chose Cavatini (my version of a long-ago Scouter's pasta dish), Dee Dah's dinner rolls with butter and honey, and Dee Dah's infamous dark chocolate cake with homemade whipped cream for our final family dinner of the summer.
His third grade adventure begins today - may he always be so excited for school to start as he was this morning.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Unless you photograph what you love, you're not going to make good art."
Sally Mann
5 comments:
Love your progress on Fandango and your Incandescent progress, too.
LM's expression is priceless and it would be wonderful if all children everywhere were as cherished as he knows he is!
I have sincere envy of your layout space as I am somewhat stymied by wanting to make a cover for a 48"x70" weighted blanket ... but where to lay the fabric out?
Hugs!
Woohoo…..leader/enders are just the best, aren’t they? My L/E’s are a bit more…..organic shall we say. Just adding scraps around log cabin style staying within a color group.
I love your blocks on the design wall. Now I need to use the matching 1.5" strips.
My great grandson turns 9 on the 31st and will also be entering 3rd grade. They are growing up so fast and yet still have the wonder of childhood and freedom to just be themselves.
Wow, third grade already! Love all those luscious colors in Fandango- the more fabrics, the merrier. Great quilts shaping up.
Incandescent is coming along so well--it will be a real show-stopper;))) I love the colors...
Wonderful picture of "joy"--so nice to see your grandson happy to go back to school...
My son's eldest is in 8th grade this year--then high school next--time certainly does fly by us..."carpe diem" I say...
Hugs, Julierose
Post a Comment