It has been a chaotic week here - very little time to sit and focus on anything for more than 10-15 minutes - so I've worked on several a-little-at-a-time projects.
All of the blocks for Grandiose (Macnas series no. 8) are sewn and finger-pressed open.
I've thought about this for a while and finally changed my mind about the game plan for Incandescent.
Instead of cream-color-cream, I am going with Hoppipolla's block layout of color-cream-color. That meant undoing the previously pinned sets and shifting things around. Thankfully I only needed 4 WOF's worth of extra color rectangles.
Next I pulled out the previously cut rectangles for Fandango (Macnas series no. 7) and sorted/pinned them into pairs ready for leader-ender action.
I also sorted and pinned the initial pairs for Morning Fog (Macnas series no. 11).
After all that was finished, I put the leftover rectangles from Rubricate, Vellichor, Reverie, Macnas, Enchanted, Grandiose, Morning Fog, and Fandango (you can use the labels in the sidebar to read previous posts for each of these projects) into one project box so I could see what I have to work with.
There are ever so many rectangles in the box - time will tell how this plan evolves - especially since there will be more leftover rectangles after preparing Wallaroo (aboriginals) and Hanabi (brights on black) for piecing.
* * *
Next week will be busy but hopefully not quite as chaotic as this week has been.
I'm looking forward to some time this weekend to begin planting our annuals (coleus, Gerbera daisies, and dracaena spikes plus a few others).
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create."
Roy Bennett
4 comments:
funky names but gorgeous fabrics every one!
You have so many lovely sets of rectangles all sorted out--great job!! Can't wait to see how these come together QDJulie;)))
I am finally getting comments in my gmail sorted out...I wonder why that moderation request expires without any notice? Anyway--all's good on that front so far...
hugs, Julierose
It's good to keep thinking in case a new idea comes along! Love the ingredients you have for future quilts and your leader/ender pairs.
Like Monday, today is another all day and evening rain so hope the power stays on!
Hugs!
I like having something prepped too for some mindless sewing in little bits of time.
Post a Comment