Friday, June 20, 2025

Rubricate - the Flimsy


Rubricate is now a finished quilt top.

Sadly I didn't count the different reds back when I started earlier this year but there are likely 25 or more.  Ditto for the lights.  All from the stash.


Here you can see more of the fabric detail.


The top was pin basted Friday morning. 


Now the pin basted quilt sandwich is laid out on Max's table ready for some FMQ action.

(the white power cord belongs to my overhead task light)


When it came time to pin baste using the KF Beach Balls backing ready and waiting on a pool noodle, I couldn't do it.  So I pulled out a 2-yard piece of 108" backing purchased for a different project.

After pre-washing (as directed by the manufacturer), the yardage wasn't long enough so I used it with the design running lengthwise instead of the usual WOF approach. 

* * *

p.s.  Squirrel Alert:  Thanks to Lynne's current project, one of my waiting studio squirrel projects (Trouvaille) has decided it wants to become an entirely different project and it wants attention right now.  

As of late yesterday, the pieces have been cut out and block parts sorted ready to start stitching.  

I'll share photos in one of my next posts.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Inevitably the answer will come to you when you quit stressing about it."
Chelsea Rose Bell

6 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

Bwahaha, the squirrels strike again!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Isn't it fun to change your mind for a more fun project? Changing your mind on the backing was a good choice too. This new one looks great with it.

Connie said...

I am very interested in your pinning method. I can tell that your pens have little stoppers on the pointed end, what are they called and where did you find them? They're a great idea, I'm tired of being poked. The older I get the thinner my skin gets in the easier it bleeds. Please tap on my little round face here and visit my blog. I would love it if you could answer that question for me in a comment. I'm ready to go shopping for for those pins 🥰

Millie said...

HAHAHA! It's all my fault! Sorry, not sorry!

(Gee, it's not like this has happened to us before, and in both directions.)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on get this one basted and ready for quilting, Julie. I like the backing substitution. Happy quilting and have fun with that NEW project (like Lynne's), too!

Ann said...

Red and white make a great combination. Your new back works well. Good choice.