All six birthday placemats are bound and ready for action, just days before they'll be needed for the first time.
These are the placemat backs made from six different fabric from the KF Collective.
I claimed this recent woodturned hollow form of DH's for my studio.
It has the most gorgeous shifting tones of blues and purples.
I mentioned cutting for an all pink quilt named Trouvaille in the last post.
Here are the sets of 2.5" strips to make a 35 block Maggie Pearl quilt top.
(added later - Maggie Pearl, shown laying in the top of the project box, is from Penelope Handmade. It used to be a free download, she's now selling the pattern for $8 USD.)
And this quirky, sassy vase has found its way into my design/stash/paper art studio - a touch of whimsy, to be sure.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."
Stephen Sondheim
14 comments:
I received an attitude jar for Christmas and it’s in my quilting studio and I just love it. Yours looks great with the flowers:)
Lovely panel to work with...that vase is so funny--love it!!
Hoping your weekend is wonderful, hugs, Julierose
Looks like you're ready-set-and about to GO with the placemats, pinks, and other projects that are in the wings!
Your DH's hollow turned vase is glorious. Wish my DH's woodworking skills had gone in that direction, too. Oh, well!
The sassy vase is too cute! Wherever did you find it?
Hugs!
gorgeous placemats....
Thank you for reminding me about the Maggie Pearl quilt pattern. I have that one on my iPad but have yet to use it. Your pinks are beautiful. I was so surprised last year to discover pink fabrics hard to find in my local shops. I have since bought pinks anytime I see them, so slowly creating a collection. Will you be using two different pink fabrics in each block or alternating with neutrals?
Love the placemats!! so cute!!
and that pink - wow - you have some beauties in there!
That's a lot of binding on the placemats. Both sides are pretty.
Love your husband's wood turning projects.
Those placemats look amazing. We only have one set of placemats and when they're being washed, we use hot pads. I should sew a spare set for when are daily ones can't be used. You're inspiring me!
Love both vases!
Oh goody, you're onto another Maggie Pearl quilt, nice selection of pinks in your layout. The panel to be used in the quilt back is perfect! On to the vase by DH - stunning colour and not surprised that you staked your claim.
Love all your quilts and things. I get excited to see a post from you as I can’t wait to see what you are up to in each one. Love your DH’s vase. Would love to know how he got those swirl designs in it. Does he have an online presence?
I seem to be the only person who doesn’t know what a Maggie Pearl quilt is? Could somebody enlighten me, please?
Lots of fun things in this post. I love both vases, especially the wonky one. And that vintage sewing machine is fantastic. I haven't seen that one before.
Pat
If you go back and look at the pink material all laid out, the Maggie Pearl pattern is lying next to it. I just noticed it.
Post a Comment