Friday, May 9, 2025

Works in Progress


Shirts and Such has reached flimsy stage (started in August 2024). 

This is one section of the top laying on my pressing table - I will get a full shot of it on the design wall over the weekend.

I don't know why this one is so hard to photograph - the colors are so much softer and prettier in person.


Last time he spent the night, Young Man saw one of my fabric covered journals in Uncle A's room.

YM asked if I could make one for him - well, of course.

This is the pieced (but not yet trimmed) slab for the outside - the gold print at the top will become the lining.

(and yes, the slab was pieced with strips left after making Dragon Fyre)


I've pin basted the three slabs for June's 5 utility mats and 6 placemats, but haven't had a chance to start quilting them.

Also for June - this is the newly-pressed panel for the dining room wall quilt along with its backing and binding fabric.  I'll get them pin basted and ready for quilting in the next few days.

* * *

Wishing all of you who are moms a Happy Mother's Day weekend and for those of us without our moms,  may the good memories surround us with love.



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Simplify, slow down, be kind.  And don't forget to have art in your life -- music, paintings, theater, dance, and sunsets."
Eric Carle

4 comments:

Julierose said...

I love the Shirts and Such piece--great, soft look to it.
Hugs, Julierose

cityquilter grace said...

this is my second without mom...never stop missing her...

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Unfortunately our cameras want to emphasize the contrast in an item even if it isn't a high contrast. I have trouble photographing the soft colors too.

Mystic Quilter said...

I'm so pleased to see your progress with Shirts and Such, with you on the issues of colours not always showing true, a real problem at times.