Finally - a photo of Shirts and Such that is almost true to its real life colors. (taken outdoors on a heavily overcast day)
The quilt top is roughly 56" ish wide and 72" ish long - I'm sure it will be a bit smaller once it is quilted (not right away - several seasonal items need to be quilted first).
There are at least forty different fabrics in the top - maybe more since much of it was cut from the resource boxes rather than yardage. Started in late summer 2024, I love the "feel" of this one so much.
These are flowers from Young Man's family - the colors are absolutely perfect with Shirts and Such even though they had no idea the quilt project was underway.
(wasn't able to get them both in the same photo - but you'll be able to see the relationship)
They spent Saturday afternoon at a community-wide art event. There was a challenge for the kids to get their map marked at each station they visited - According to Mommy Young Man took it very seriously as did many others.
This drawing turned into a funny dark pink pig (he took a pig-themed toss game to his friend's birthday sleepover later that day).
So many children having so much fun together . . .
Mommy said at this station Young Man hopped into the chair and happily told the helper "I know how to do this - my MeeMah taught me how to sew."
He also did leaf printing at the Botanic Gardens' station (Uncle A is a volunteer/docent there). The helpers at the table liked it so much they took another photo and with Mommy's permission shared it on their Instagram feed.
* * *
I'll close the post with this story - As they were driving to school last week, Young Man asked Daddy if he would rather freeze time for a day or go back and spend time with the dinosaurs. Daddy's immediate answer "Freeze time so I have more time with you."
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"may my heart always be open to little birds who are the secrets to living"
ee cummings
9 comments:
Lovely posting following Young man's days...
The Shirts and Such piece looks so lovely and soft...
I gave my granddaughter, Cassidy, my woven strips quilt that I made from Jude Hill's class online a few years ago today--it is pretty heavy and I guess "heavy" quilts are "in" right now. I just felt that she would cherish it and enjoy it...I am trying to whittle down my stash of quilts these days and keep them in the family...my daughter and the twins and Cassidy celebrated
Mother's Day and my birthday tomorrow this afternoon..what a super day we had...lots of reminiscing..
hoping your Mother's Day was a great one...hugs, Julierose
hugs, Julierose
very pretty quilt...and your young man is soo very creative...
Shirts and such is BEAUTIFUL!!
How nice to see the true colors of this quilt top. I love the soft feeling of this one.
I'm surprised they had a sewing machine at that event. I wish more places had art events for the kids. That fills them with fun and love.
This is such a happy post; I'm smiling. Thank you for sharing joy.
Shirts and Such is GORGEOUS!! and those flowers are just perfect!! Love Young Man - way to teach Memaw!!!
Love, love, love this! It makes my heart smile. Your Shirts and Such is just wonderful!
Just makes your heart swell to bursting, doesn’t it? I am loving Shirts and Such and I’m sure it is even more wonderful in person:)
Love Shirts and Such and can see the difference in the colour in this shot. Good to see Young Man keeping busy with a variety of crafts, an excellent sounding programme. Beautiful bouquet of flowers Julie, lovely colour!
Post a Comment