As I work towards having things ready for the month of June when our seasonal decor theme will be blueberries and daisies, I have gotten Reverie (Macnas series No. 2) pin basted. It has only been waiting for eleven months now . . .
To clear off the sewing machine table, I finished up Young Man's journal cover.
He finishes second grade next week so I'll give it to him when he spends the first day and a half of summer vacation with us.
In the background I've been quilting the slabs for June's placemats and utility mats. This is the final (largest) slab and I need only another hour or so before it will be ready to trim out four more placemats and four utility mats (end tables and hearth mats).
A few days ago I prepped the binding for all 11 mats (shown escaping from the green basket - I set it on the floor beside my machine when I'm attaching the binding).
The cedar chest mat (left) and the first two placemats (right) are cut to size and waiting to be bound.
The new wall quilt for June is pin basted and its thread chosen. I had originally thought I'd use light blue but the soft amethyst actually suits the quilt better.
While the cutting table aka pin basting station was clear, I went ahead and cut batting for the new July wall quilt.
And, since the top and back for Haru have been on the noodles for a while now, I cut and rolled batting for that quilt as well. (Haru will be gifted early next year)
* * *
One step at a time . . .
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats."
Voltaire
9 comments:
You have been busy indeed! The blues in your quilt are so pleasing, and great fabric choices overall.
Really lovely "Reverie" quilt--love all those pretty blues...paired with
those B/W fabrics--nice strips for Young Man's book cover also...
Hugs, Julierose
Love the quote……and I’m singing in my life boat aka quilt studio! Loads of progress for you……love the journal cover and meant to mention it’s great the strips came from his dragon quilt! Love it.
As always, you're on top of things! You don't miss a beat. I love the blueberries backing the June projects. We placed protective netting yesterday over our bushes; the way it looks right now, we should be getting a nice little haul of blueberries this year. Fingers crossed.
You have a lot of pretty blues in your projects.
I have found that lavender thread blends in nicely with lots of colors, better than gray.
Young man will have so much fun with his new journal.
Wow Julie - you truly are back into the swing of things now, so good to see. You're using one of my favourite fabrics as the backing for Haru, and good going with all the mats, should all be finished by June I guess if you're stitching at this rate!
What a fabric-filled post! Beautiful colors in all your projects.
Congrats on making such good progress, Julie!
That blueberry quilt looks so fun.
Post a Comment