Friday, May 16, 2025

Changes and FMQ


The new wall quilt for June has been quilted - the amethyst thread worked beautifully.


A few years back, DH installed this "trimming table" where my old bookcase had been.  

In the last year or so I've hardly used it and we both agreed a bookcase made much more sense in that space.


So it was removed.  

(that's my "waiting to be quilted" closet - finished tops and backs to the left of the wooden dowel with a magnetic tip and pending backings to the right)


And now there's a new Ikea Billy bookcase filled with my journals and such.

(the quilt you see through the doorway is named Vortex - it has hung on that wall for years and none of us have ever gotten tired of seeing it there).


I took an evening to catch up on my Full Deck Challenge shipping tags.  

This is for Week 19 with a prompt of "paper weaving."

I used torn strips from magazine pages for my first attempt.


I wrapped the excess around to the back side and elected not to embellish the tag any more than just adding a few relevant words and the week's number.


The prompt for Week 20 will be "paper dolls" and I immediately thought of these die cut figures (sourced from Amazon -I used others in a previous journal named Lizzy).

I'm very happy with the simplicity of this and how evocative it feels.

* * *

Younger son's birthday is this weekend along with a number of out-0f-the-house activities.  Next week promises to be busy as well.  I hope to fit some short bursts of sewing in between but I'm not making any promises.

If I don't post much over the next week, you'll know why.



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"The problem is not the problem.  
The problem is your attitude about the problem.  
Do you understand?"
Captain Jack Sparrow

5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The bookcase looks like it was meant for that spot.
I have the Vortex templates and have never used them. I like your version better than the cover photo.

Julierose said...

The bookcase holding all your lovely journals looks beautiful there...just perfect.
Busy times here too, grands' college graduations, etc...
hugs, Julierose

Astrid said...

Your wall quilt is so pretty, it screams summer. The bookcase fits perfectly at that spot. Love your 'waiting to be quilted' area. Pretty and fun tags too.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

The quilting is beautiful on your June piece, as always. The bookcase certainly fits the space perfectly and showcases your handiwork (as well as your squirrel brigade)off quite nicely. Bravo!

Mystic Quilter said...

Love your beautifully organised bookcase!!