Young Man, now a rising third-grader, spent Thursday at our house.
Here he's explaining the technical details of his new Bey Blade set to me.
Later he helped Dee Dah hang up his new swing. Using the same rope as his other swing (video at the end of the link), there is now a mountain climbing certified carabiner on the rope that allows switching from this new swing back to his old one.
He spent a lot of time testing out new ways to swing, some of which were pretty creative. All in all, this discounted unit that Daddy found has proven to be worth every penny.
Thursday evening he and his parents met up with a classmate and her parents to attend a pre-release screening of the new live-action Lilo and Stitch movie at Graceland. They had a fabulous time.
I changed my plan for Night Owl, one of the quilts designed to use up my aboriginal stash.
I'm going with the Crossroads design from Treehouse Textiles. The cheddar aboriginal by KF will be the corner stones and the scrappy neutrals will become narrow sashing strips.
The immediate goal is to get these fabrics cut so the table can be cleared off because the fabric pull for Hanabi (Macnas series No. 10) is sitting on the counter waiting to be cut, and until those two projects are dealt with, my cutting/drafting table is essentially out of commission.
Meanwhile, I'm busy writing out my 20 postcards and getting them addressed to mail early next week. This has been my first year to participate in iHanna's Postcard Swap - it has been a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to receiving swapped postcards in my mailbox over the next weeks.
* * *
The coming week has obligations on the calendar but not as many and minus so many logistics. I'm hopeful I can get back into the studio and finish up June's wall quilt and utility/placemats.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"Do not get caught up in the comments section of life today. Make, do, create the things. Let others tussle it out."
Lin-Manuel Miranda
7 comments:
The view from your postcards writing table is lovely. That Crossroads quilt has popped up in my reading quite often. Might need to add it to my list
If I don't have the Crossroads pattern, I have something similar. Cheddar Kaffe sounds fantastic! Postcards! How fun.
I will watch your Crossroads development with interest. Scheduled to get the backing for mine this week and then it will be off to the machinist!
Oh, love the Crossroads pattern- so much interest for so many fabrics! Great swing. My grandkids who live close are had to get to spend anytime with these days (13 and 15). Sort of sad, would love to do things with them. I have been trying to clean up and get my blogging act together, but going slow. Lots to quilt.
"Use up" the Aboriginal fabrics? Be sure to show a photo of what remains after Crossroads. BTW, it's a great pattern. The swing looks like fun and YM will enjoy it. (But no more broken bones this summer!)
What a lovely view you have from your desk. Enjoy each and every moment with your young man, they pass much too quickly! Ask me how I know! ;)
Are your postcards made of fabric?
Post a Comment