Monday, April 21, 2025

Repose - the Quilt


Repose is now a finished low-volume quilt measuring 54" x 70"

Made using roughly 375 four-inch tumblers die cut mid-June 2024 from 69 unique stash fabrics.


I'm glad I decided to use a darker backing instead of another low volume.


Quilted using my liberated free motion all-over nested spirals and Glide thread in Pink Rose.


Here's a photo of the backing and the Cherrywoods off-center strip.



And a detail of the binding - no info on selvage aside from the fact that it is a Free Spirit print (several years old).

* * *

Repose was intended to be finished for use in January with the rest of our low-volume quilts, but that month has come and gone for 2025.

However, I'm totally ahead of the game for January 2026.

(you can see the earlier posts for this project by using the Repose label below)


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Cultivate the habit of being grateful."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 comments:

Lynn said...

A beautiful quilt, very restful, great quiltig

Pam said...

Lovely finish!!

Julierose said...

WOW--375 tumblers is a lot!! Such a pretty LV piece, QDJulie;))
The quilting turned out beautifully too. Lovely finish hugs, Julierose

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Repose is just beautiful. I don't think low volume quilts get the admiration they deserve. And what pretty quilting lines too!

Ginny Clyne said...

Wow, she is so pretty and soft looking. I think you are right about the backing too. I love the quilting.

Cherie Moore said...

Repose is a great low volume finish and the fabrics so interesting. I’m glad you went loud but soft, black with such lovely soft lotus blossoms, if that makes sense. And looking at the finish as way ahead for 2026 is looking on the positive, glass half-full side and don’t we all need that?

Heidee Lindsey said...

I love the quilting on this one! It reminds me of baptist fans, which is a favorite of mine, but very hard for me to free motion quilt. I would love to see a doodle page of your nested spirals.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You did a great job finding all of those low volume prints. They all blend so well, nothing jumping out as a renegade. Great news that you are so far ahead for next year.

Charlotta said...

What a lovely and peaceful quilt. I know you enjoyed selecting and using that great variety of low-volume or neutral prints. What fun.

Vicki W said...

What a beauty! That will be such a soothing quilt for someone.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

A super low volume quilt, I love this gentle palette. A quilt that could live comfortably anywhere.

Mystic Quilter said...

Such a beautiful peaceful quilt, always love to see your quilting!