When I finally made it back into the studio, the first thing I did was take inventory of what needs to happen sooner instead of later.
I'm going to use these fabrics to make a set of reversible placemats for the month of May (yes, that is indeed sooner).
The slabs are ready to sandwich, pin baste, and quilt before trimming the individual mats from the larger slab.
For the month of June I plan to make a set of five utility mats and six placemats.
June has never had its own "theme" but from now on it will be blueberries and daisies.
(Young Man was known as "Blueberry" prior to his birth - that nickname came from the doctor's description of his size at one of the early appointments)
The slabs for the eleven utility mats are cut and ready to sandwich, pin baste, and quilt but not until May's are finished.
(There's also a new wall quilt pending for June - a panel with backing prepped and ready to go)
Our "theme" during July is Red, White, and Moo.
I found a vintage panel with these Holstein cows but it was laid out with the two blocks side by side.
I cut them apart, moved the red floral side borders to the top and bottom, inserted a narrow strip of red where the blocks are now joined vertically, and finished with a 4" border on each side. It should end up being 25" x 45" (give or take).
While I had the fabrics out I pieced a scrappy red backing. This one must now wait until the placemats and utility mats above are finished.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"Enjoy the simple things with total intensity. Just a cup of tea can be a deep meditation."
Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh
8 comments:
What a lovely array of projects awaiting you;))) My paternal Grandfather ("Pipere") was a dairy farmer--so I used to be able to name all the different species of cows when I was little...Loving that panel...;000
I hope your Easter weekend is a happy one for you and yours...
Hugs and lotsa chocs, Julierose;)))
This makes me want to do a sort and organize in my sewing room. I am curious about those pins in the last photo. So they have little caps?
I use Pinmoors (reusable colored silicone)and flower head pins (slightly bent so they don’t kink the quilt sandwich) when I pin baste my quilts.
You have a lot lined up to do, but small projects are fun. With a theme for each month, you can easily grab the new set without having to decide which you want to use.
Lots of fun projects to do. The blueberry fabric is so pretty. Have fun with all your projects!
It looks like you've got your work cut out for you, Julie. Happy quilting!
What a wonderful array you have lined up, Julie!
Luscious colours for both the May placemats and Blueberries and Daisies mats and placemats due in June, looking forward to seeing both these projects come to fruition - nice note on the title for these.
Post a Comment