Friday, April 25, 2025

New DR Wall Quilt for May



Our new dining room wall quilt is finished and in place for the month of May.


I started with a Hoffman panel (Botanical House) and quilted it with Glide in Yellow Whisper.


Here's a detail showing the neutral binding (a long stashed fabric that I'll be sorry to run out of one day soon).


Because this photo is landscape orientation, you'll need to double click on it to see it larger.

I've gone ahead and switched out our Easter decor for our "family" theme - we have a major milestone anniversary (number 50) coming up late next week and I wanted these things in place before it arrives.  

* * *

Young Man arrives later today for a weekend sleepover.  I'm not entirely sure what all the weekend will involve, but it will be fun no matter what happens.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Never, ever underestimate the importance of having fun."
Randy Pausch

10 comments:

Julierose said...

That panel looks amazing--just beautiful quilting on it...I hope you have a really fun weekend with Young Man...hugs, Julierose

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Congratulations on number 50!

Astrid said...

Beautiful wall hanging, quilting and the binding is just perfect. Happy 50th Anniversary! Have a fun and happy weekend!

Ann said...

Good wallhanging. Congratulations on your upcoming 50th anniversary. Such an occasion.

Nann said...

Hope your anniversary celebration is indeed a golden day. The wall hanging is a great reminder that not all panels need to have elaborate borders.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on your latest quilt finish, Julie. Enjoy your weekend with YW and have a very happy 50th anniversary celebration!

MissPat said...

Congratulations on reaching 50 years., an achievement not many couples manage these days. It's always fun with YM, so I know you'll be busy. The panel is elegant.
Pat

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!
Will be waiting to here about the adventures you and YM have.
Janice

Janice said...

Happy Anniversary!
Always fun to read what you and YM do.
Janice

Nancy said...

Nicely done! Panels have sure come a long way from the off-grain, limited images options once available. Happy anniversary.