Sunday, October 6, 2024

Eye Candy to Share


I spent some time in the studio on Saturday taking inventory and making some longer term decisions about my pending project piles (amazingly, several fabric pulls were put back on the shelves - they just weren't going to happen).

There was a lot of moving around between piles until I had a mix that made me happy and were most likely to be turned into quilts that look and feel like "me" rather than the designers.


I also made a lot of notes in my project files, especially with the new changes, so I would be able to remember what I was thinking by the time I get back to these.

There was quite a bit of "pick up and put away where it belongs" as well.  When I can go up and down stairs again, it will be so much nicer to walk into reasonably tidy rooms.


And about that inventory . . . 

I  have four projects previously blogged about that are cut out and ready to start stitching (Repose, Rubricate, Shirts and Such, and Vellichor).

There are eight pending projects with fabric pulls, design plans, and backings from the stash (three of which are shown above).

And then there are the fourteen quilt top/backs waiting for their turn with Max.  Spoondrift is pin basted ready to FMQ.  Logophile is rolled onto the pool noodles ready for pin basting.  The other twelve are neatly folded onto hangers in the "waiting to be quilted" closet.

All in good time.

(you can use the labels below my signature/quote to see previous posts for the projects named above)

* * *

Surgery tomorrow - once I am clear-headed enough to post, I’ll share an update.

Be back soon.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."
Henry David Thoreau

11 comments:

Julierose said...

Best of luck for great results on your surgery, QDJulie--you must feel good to have sorted out your upcoming projects and fabric piles...hugs, Julierose

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

There is just as much satisfaction in tidying up as there is working on a project. Your 3 groups are so pretty, even just sitting in piles together.

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

I dunno what that green and aqua project is gonna be, but I know I'm gonna love it!

Barbara Anne said...

Wishing you well on the surgery and the recovery.
If you've ever experienced nausea and/or vomiting after surgery, tell your anesthesia person before surgery that you need the anti-nausea medicine, please and thank you. You'll feel lots better in recovery and when you get home.
Love those delicious fabrics you've chosen for future projects. I, too, have been putting fabrics back on the shelves in order to make the room tidier. My fabric pulls seem to be in boxes.

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Best of luck tomorrow. I will keep you in my prayers.

Ginny in CT

Linda Swanekamp said...

Prayers for your surgery tomorrow! Barbara Anne had good advice. All those lovely fabrics- yumm! I can get back to my work as I quilted a queen size tricky quilt for a good friend. I hardly ever quilt for anyone else especially this size. SO glad it is done, just have to trim it.

Beth said...

Best wishes for a successful surgery & smooth recovery. You’ve gotten some beautiful projects planned to look ahead to. I’ve learned so much from your color/fabric choices. Thank you for generously sharing, Beth in AL

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best of luck tomorrow, Julie!

Ann said...

Best wishes for a smooth surgery and quick recovery.

Mystic Quilter said...

Second photo down we have the same bird fabric in our fabric stash, I love this one. As usual I admire your organisational skills and the idea of making notes on future projects is such a good idea, must take a leaf from your book on that one.

Nann said...

Oooh, the fabric stack with the Marimekko strip is so delicious. Glad you're feeling well enough to consider quilt designs again.