Vellichor's pieces and parts are cut, pinned in light/dark pairs, and sorted into 25 groups of ten; ready so that when the time comes, I can pull this out and start sewing.
Next up for cutting out is Shirts and Such - I refuse to shift those piles elsewhere and then have them languish.
The end goal is to have an empty drafting table so I can finally pin baste Spoondrift - I am so ready to sit and quilt/finish something.
I've started another long term journal project - this one is named LEXICON.
This book of Young Man's was my inspiration.
And so it begins . . .
No time table other than a few minutes here or there when a new source of words to cut out presents itself (back issues of magazines, junk mail and catalogs, thrifted books, etc.)
Creating LEXICON is all about the process - observe, save, cut out, glue in place.
Shifting gears (again), I've ordered enough of this yardage to make a set of six birthday placemats.
Mine is coming up later this month so they won't be ready for that celebratory family dinner, but then I have until February before the next one (DIL).
I'll use one of my black and white stripes (variation TBD) for consistent binding on all six.
Added to the Birthday Wall Quilt that we hang up, and a few other festive touches, they'll make for a FUN birthday setting six times a year.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"You must not ever stop being whimsical. And you must not, ever, give anyone else the responsibility for your life."
Mary Oliver
9 comments:
Your Lexicon journal reminds me: you'd enjoy reading Hardly Harmless Drudgery by Bryan Garner and Jack Lynch. Garner's collection of English-language dictionaries dates back 500 years. This book was published to accompany an exhibit of his collection.
Vellchior's rectangles are all so organized for you to start sewing--that is great!!
Glad you are feeling much better...hugs, Julierose
What absolutely fun birthday fabric and a great idea for placemats. I’m sure glad to hear you are almost back up to snuff.
Oh good - things seem to be getting better with your recovery, not only a new journal but picking out the delightful dinosaur fabric - such fun. Good choice of backing fabrics!
So glad to hear that you are beginning to feel better, Julie! Nice projects on the go. Your journal covers look great!
I love seeing your collage journals take shape. This one should be interesting, as you're such a word lover. By the way, what is the word for one who loves words?
Cheers for your recovery, for the energy that is returning, and for the wonderful ideas you're having!!
Your strips of bookish fabrics are so wonderfully organized. :-)
Lexicon will be such fun. Do let us know if you need words that start with a certain letter.
Love the birthday quilt you hang on the dining room wall and for the place mats you'll be making to complete the celebration table! Perhaps you can make just one place mat before your birthday arrives to have at your place at the table?
Hugs!
So thankful you are so much better! I think the back cover art would make a perfect quilt. Great projects.
Glad you are feeling better! Super fun fabrics for your placemats!
Post a Comment