Monday, February 6, 2023

Happy Birthday


I am super pleased with the way this idea played out.

The panel quilted up beautifully and I had the perfect binding leftover and ready to go.


Quilted with my liberated all-over spirals using Glide thread in Ivory.


If someone had told me a few years ago that I could do this kind of quilting, I would have shaken my head in disbelief.

Practice surely does make a difference.


And here a view of the finished wall quilt.  

We'll hang this in the dining room whenever we celebrate with a family birthday dinner.

24" wide x 44" long

* * *

P.S.  DH has a new post on his blog sharing the many-month process of creating Eternity, his latest piece of wood art.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"I long so much to make beautiful things.  But beautiful things require effort - and disappointment and perseverance."
Vincent Van Gogh

12 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Perfect for celebrating a birthday!! Love your quilting and visited Larry's blog - beautiful piece of art, couldn't believe how many pieces he worked with to create Eternity.

Hubblebird said...

I love this!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Fabulous!

Unknown said...

loved seeing how much work went into your husbands piece. Stunning.

Julierose said...

You did an amazing job on this panel--very nice work... such festive quilting!!
hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

Super Van Gogh quote! Well, it is my Birthday next month, but no banner to be found here. Will check out your hubby's new work. It does take time and practice.

Barbara Anne said...

How delightful and your birthday panel will add to joy to the birthday celebrations to come!
How interesting to see your husband's newest creation. What diligence and perseverance it took to create Eternity!
I, too, enjoy your many quotations that brighten my days! Thank you!

Hugs!

Mari said...

This is so festive, perfect for a birthday! And the quilting is terrific. I looked at your husband's work, too-- wow! Such a talented pair!

Lynn said...

A great job and it is the quilting that really enhances it. I agree its practise tatat makes the difference.

Nann said...

I've long admired all your quilting, Julie -- and now I've "met" Larry and his gorgeous woodwork. Both of you are inspirations! (Have you considered a quilt design to echo his woodwork?)

cityquilter grace said...

what a purely delightful and celebratory quilt! a family heirloom no doubt

Janie said...

Happy birthday! Great machine quilting too!
And I saw the greens in your previous post, full of life and hope.