I posted about making this scrappy back for B.O.B. ("brights on black") here.
You can read earlier posts for the project by using the B.O.B. label at the end of this post.
This was the original plan for the top.
(note "was")
I had sorted the long-ago-cut strips into twenty groups so they were ready to stitch whenever.
As you can see, the original plan quickly went out the window and the idea of columns took over.
I have enough leftover strips of the noisy parrots backing from Feisty and Mischief Maker to use as sashing between the three columns and I'm hopeful there will be enough to add a 2.5" border all around.
HOWEVER . . .
For the next several days I will be busy trying to get a last minute birthday gift ready for delivery this weekend so if I don't post again until early next week, please don't worry.
p.s. Thank you for your kind words about DH's recent woodturning finish. He was delighted when I shared your comments with him.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"Embrace the beginning, middle, and end of materializing your goals. All parts of the process are important."
Ash Alves

.jpg)



6 comments:
What a lovely piece--reminds me of Licorice Allsorts candies...yummy;)))
this will be a beauty!!
DH's "Figure 8" is amazing...what a beautiful piece...hugs, Julierose
I showed a woodworker friend the pictures of your husband's infinity sculpture - after pouring over them his comment was coincidentally identical to mine - "magical".
I love your current color palette - as is so frequently the case it gives me ideas of my own!
ceci
What a glorious array of B.O.B. fabrics! You're made and are making good use of them.
I'm making a baby quilt for a baby girl who is due in March. Like you, I need to keep my nose to the colorful, happy grindstone and get it finished. Babies don't always come when they're due!
If you've gotten our winter weather, please send it back as we seem to be into spring and that's scary in early February.
Hugs!
Best of luck with finishing up the birthday gift, Julie!!
Great decision made her Julie, loved the original design you had in mind but this one beats it!! Good luck with the last minute gift.
Great plan!
Post a Comment