Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Feisty - the Quilt



Feisty is my 2019 "Not a Mystery" quilt.

(for more on that, click HERE)




After countless evolutionary steps,

(you can read all of Feisty's previous entries on the blog
by clicking on the label at the end of this post)




I am beyond happy with the playful interaction
between the colors of the top and back.




Younger son and I ventured out for a photoshoot.

This was part of the scene - so peaceful.




The light was a bit harsh due to the hazy cloud cover.




In the shade under a tree.




A closer look at the back
under that same tree.




The finished quilt measures 51" x 66" 

Quilted with allover liberated fans 
using Glide thread in Nickel.



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“Why do two colors, put one next to the other, sing?  Can one really explain this?  No.”
Pablo Picasso

18 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love all the colors- so bright and clear. The patterning is wonderfully active. Nickel is such a great color to quilt with. It is so hard to photograph a quilt with just the right light. I bought standing lightboxes and I still can't get the colors right. You have done a great job on the quilt and the photos.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love it when the front and back are so related. This one looks so warm and cozy with the deep tones.

Julierose said...

Feisty is so colorful and warm..love the dotty stars--lovely finish The birds on the back are just a perfect compliment to the front..

Cathy said...

Fantastic bursts of color! I love the backing you chose for it. Congrats on that finish!

I made one with Marit's method a long long time ago and used the same spiderweb fabric as the foundation. I still think I have a little bag of the foundation cutoffs I haven't used up yet. I've tried several methods for making spider web quilts. Can't say which one I prefer. I know which one I don't prefer-it's been a UFO for years and years!

Barb said...

wow...that quilt pops....and I love it

Quilting Babcia said...

I love the bright cheery nature of this quilt! And your backing fabric is a perfect choice. I also used Marit's tutorial for the spiderweb quilt I made a year ago. Hated to see her blog become inactive.

Mari said...

Oh, this is so striking! I love the bright stars and the cool backing. Another fun (and fiesty) finish!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those vivid colors on the front and those magnificent birds on the back made for a fabulous finish, Julie!!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

So much lovely bright colour, I love it! And I do like the way you've used those spots too.

Hubblebird said...

I love this quilt! So gorgeous to see the Cockies on the back too.

Ellie said...

Lovely bright colors! Perfect backing. A true winner!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohh Feisty!!!! How I love you!!! all those amazing colors and the polka dots!!! You speak to me!!!! What a fun place for a photo shoot!

Vicki W said...

It is Feisty and it's awesome! This one is going to bring a lot of joy to someone.

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the tremendous colour of Feisty and that backing is something else!

MissPat said...

Did you buy the parrot fabric intending to use it for backing? It's one of those designs that begs to be kept whole, not that it wouldn't provide interesting bits if cut up.
Pat

quiltkeemosabe said...

I had gotten away from reading your blog--who knows why? But I have just spent the last 2 hours reading your present and past blog posts and have enjoyed myself so much. Between the quilts, techniques, colors, words, and quotes it is so inspiring. I think your squirrels speak to my squirrels!

Ann said...

Beautiful Fabrics make another gorgeous quilt. You turn them out so quickly, too. And your backings are wonderful. You inspire me to find something fabulous instead of using leftovers. How nice that you could photo shoot with your son.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Wonderful! There's parrots in those trees, too! :) I love it, Julie!