Monday, August 12, 2024

Only Ten Long Seams to Go


Tropical Canyon is moving right along.

Once I press these eleven sets of strips, only ten more long seams remain before flimsy status is achieved.


I've been using the pinned pairs for Tuxie-Tude as leader enders - very happy to see how many are now sewn and finger pressed.


Today is the first day of school for Young Man so it seems right to share some of our August back-to-school decor.

(several local school systems started last week - the rest start this week)


One end of our mantel - the crayons are gone, replaced with freshly sharpened colored pencils and multiplication flash cards. 


On the kitchen table, a large jar of Scrabble letters are available for spelling out different words and phrases.

(the kitchen table quilt this month is Shift Happens)


And Young Man managed to check off one last square on his summer reading bingo card by "reading a book on a bench" while he was here for his birthday dinner. 


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Honor the space between no longer and not yet."
Nancy Levin

6 comments:

Julierose said...

You really do a great job keeping those strips straight and true; mine, not so much--!! ;(((
Hard to believe it's "back-to-school" time already. Actually feel cold here this morning--54 degrees early--
Tom said he has to wear is "big boy" pants (long pants hahaha).
Have a great day...hugs, Julierose

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That quilt has a lot of seams in it and that is what makes it so beautiful, lots of pretty fabrics.
School starts here on Wednesday. It is a week earlier than most years. They can never predict how many snow days we will have that extends the school year into June.

Barbara Anne said...

What a gloriously happy and colorful quilt and your many strips give me hope that I can tackle the 'Loose Change' quilt that I've cut strips for.
Love the back to school decor and that YM found a bench to sit on while reading to fulfill that specification.

Hugs!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Beautiful fabrics in the top. Glad only the long seams need doing. Kids here don't go back until the day after Labor Day. When I was a teacher, I would be back next week for all sorts of horrendous staff development and trying to get my art room in order with all the new supplies and class lists.

Cherie Moore said...

Am I seeing correctly that you removed the solid reading aqua strips? Your globe is so colorful and I LOVE the jar of Scrabble letters….I have a bunch and will be complimenting you by copying :-)

Nann said...

The Tuxie blocks are a great contrast to the shimmering colors in the Canyon. Happy back to school to LM!