I made the original top in late 2017.
You can see it HERE.
In March 2018 I took that top apart
so I could make the top you see above.
You can read about that process HERE.
(design info - Artfully Arranged by Amy Walsh from
a late 2018 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting)
I used Brassica by Philip Jacobs for the backing.
Before pin basting the quilt sandwich,
I decided to add a 3" border to the top using
a much-loved Marcia Derse blue.
Binding - navy blue Moda Bella solid.
Quilted with my liberated all-over fans
using Glide thread in Sienna.
Here is the front of the quilt . . .
. . . and here is the back.
On Sunday I'll take Fruit Smoothie off
the kitchen table and replace it
with Shift Happens.
* * *
You can read more about (and
visit links to the other quilts in) my
kitchen table quilt project HERE
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------“For me, people are color, flowers are color, food is color – and all of this [gesturing to her home] is my canvas.”
Rosy Strazzeri-Fridman





11 comments:
I love all three of your table toppers and I so enjoy reading your blog. But today I am so excited to tell you that last month on our vacation, we SAW ROCK CITY!!! On our way back toward Oklahoma we saw two barns with “See Rock City” signs & I told my husband about your quilt. I had no idea where or what Rock City was, but when we ended up in Chattanooga for the night, I told him I HAD to go see it. Somewhere in my ridiculously vast photo collection is a picture of me in Phoenix about 2016 standing beside your quilt at an AQS show.
Were it not for you, we never would have taken the time to see SEE ROCK CITY! Thank you!
Oh how wonderful! I have a bunch of those shibori fabrics also, but I just can't cut into them without a solid plan. I thought about large circles sewn into a light background, but I don't know if that would be boring. I bought a tan fabric with little polka dots, but hesitating for too long. Love the backing. The garden in the background looks lovely.
Great quilt. Great photos. Great colors. Great backing. !!!
Another great Kitchen Quilt, Julie!! Enjoy!
I have a bunch of those Shibori fabrics too. It's so easy to get into a trap and think they can only be used with each other when adding other colors really make them pop.
I love your quilt! The front is beautiful and I love the colors. The back is wonderful, it’s a beautiful fabric.. Hugs,
Beautiful quilt!!
Perfect for Autumn and you couldn't go more Autumn than PJ Brassica - glorious colour.
Such a pretty quilt!
Shift Happens!! Oh my - how do you come up with these names - they are perfect! what a great one!!
It's lovely; and that complementary back is inspired!
Post a Comment