Friday, May 3, 2024

Snippets - Finished


Last year I purchased Vol. 1 and 2 of these undated collage planners when Margarete was clearing out her stockpile.


There was a two-page spread for each week but since I use my phone's calendar program . . . 


I decided to give myself a 30-day challenge and loosely (sometimes very loosely) follow the suggested prompts.

As I worked through the 30 days, I cut off the lower portion of each completed page so only the collaged portion was left.

This is the cover embellished with a floral image cut from one of the Stampington magazines and a quote.


Inside the cover I added a library card pocket.  On the card (front shown here) I added details about the project.


On the reverse I added more information.

Turns out I've been using a "pure collage" approach without knowing it actually had a name.


Each collage bears that day's sequential number.


The images shown here are some of my favorites.

(this quote "life is too short to wait" is partially obscured by the watermark)


"Let it go" . . . 


"Stay Simple" became my working mantra - enough bits to make things interesting but not so many to make result look chaotic.


As I was swatching my paint pens, I tested them first on a plain sheet of paper. Several of them left puddles of "ink" so I used that sheet as "painted paper" for this background.

(honestly, there are a few of the remaining collages I don't love but that's okay)

After the journal was finished (and yes, I tore out the rest of the unused pages), I named the project SNIPPETS.

(scraps of fabric . . . scraps of paper . . . it's all good)

* * *

To see all the collages in order, please click HERE for the Snippets Google Photos album.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Inhale possibility.  Exhale creativity."
Laura Jaworski

4 comments:

Barbara Anne said...

No doubt, your wonderful quilts and journals are completely original - as creativity should be!!!

Quilt kits? NO!!!!!!

Hugs!

Mystic Quilter said...

Your "Stay Simple" decision was the perfect one, it's possible to see all the detail clearly on these pages, I find them quite magical Julie. All the little snippets of writings, stamps, images and the colours.

Nann said...

Another inspirational assemblage. (I thought of you when I bought a big loose-leaf-binder cookbook at the church rummage sale -- but I'm going to keep it and actually use it, at leat for a while.)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Wonderfully creative, uniquely YOU! I love it!