Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Heads Up - C.O.W. Complaint Ahead


Stopped into Hobby Lobby yesterday evening to find the items above for a future project (after I find just the right fallen branch segment).


But I also found THIS!

On May the 6th . . . 


And if fall decor wasn't bad enough, check out the end cap above.


And this was taking place in one of the nearby aisles . . .


Really?  Christmas is over SEVEN months away!!

I believe in planning ahead but this seems beyond excessively early to put Autumn and especially Christmas stuff out on the shelves.   

(C.O.W. = Cranky Old Woman - a term borrowed from my friend Nancy)


However this sign made me laugh out loud.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"We express our being by creating.  Creativity is a necessary sequel to being."
Rollo May

13 comments:

Barbara Anne said...

YIKES! This is the time of year to start a Christmas quilt but those aren't quilting fabrics on display. How appalling.

Love the sign!

Your quote from Rollo May was a blast from the past. In my Senior Honor's English class in high school, we were afflicted with Rollo May, so without asking the teacher, we planned a May 1st party and sang "Rollo's May is here again, the skies above ...". Our teacher, Mr. Stingfellow was not very amused but he did eat a cupcake.

Hugs!

Nancy said...

Seriously, now! Who wants to think fall and winter now?? Glad you found your items though.

Kaja said...

I understand some people are organised and plan ahead but that is just plain silly!

Julierose said...

Really??? This soon??? Yikes-- A "C.O. W." I would have been, too!!
And, I thought I prepared way ahead-- NPOE--they win the crown!!
Hugs, Julierose

Sally Langston Warren said...

No way.

Ginny said...

I would have been a COW too! I love that expression. I thought I was early to organize my stash of Christmas fabric last week, but it was a part of sewing room clean up. Cleaning up is an ongoing project not getting very far.

Kris Quilts said...

I was in Hobby Lobby recently and was amazed at the empty aisles. I wonder if there is still a supply chain problem and they are just filling the shelves with items that are available.

Chase Klop said...

Oh my gosh! That’s crazy!! I’ve never seen it come out that early! I’ve not heard the term COW, but I like it!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The only people who would appreciate those items are those who do craft shows, and it seems a pretty early even for them. Christmas music in stores starts the morning after Halloween and sometimes even the week before.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Ridiculous!!

JustGail said...

GAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! Too early! Too Soooooon! Even for crafts that need to be painted, glued, assembled, etc.

Nann said...

I'll join the C.O.W. club. I'm ready to start a Christmas quilt but that's because I have a schedule. I'm not ready to shop for autumn and Christmas stuff (not that I am inclined to do that anyway).

MissPat said...

I laughed when I got to the explanation of what COW was. I would defintiely qualify for that title at times. Way too early for Christmas stuff, even if it's craft supplies.
Pat