Thursday, May 9, 2024

Moxie - the Flimsy


Moxie, the baby quilt for a June arrival, is now a quilt top.

Approx. 49" wide x 63" long.

You can read Moxie's back story HERE.


One corner of the top plus the lower portion of the backing fabrics pinned to the design wall.


I think Moxie looks good crumpled, too.

(top was sewn but not yet pressed in these photos)


I need to play around with these fabric leftovers and get the backing pieced.  I want to get the rainbow fabrics as well as the tropical prints oriented in the same direction.  I'm also thinking about creating two alternating columns with the fabrics to the left.

All in good time.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"I have way too many ideas to follow up on most of the time, so the hardest thing is to focus."
Kristen Shields

10 comments:

Nann said...

Wow -- that's gonna be quite a quilt back. (Have you ever had Moxie, the soft drink? The old formulation was great--sort of bitter, like Tab. The new formulation is more like cream soda.)

Magpie Sue said...

Simple quilt plan but very effective!

Julierose said...

This little quilt is so adorable!! I love how you paired the yellows against the blue squares..very nice work--it must have been fun to sew this little charmer;))) hugs, Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a great baby quilt this is going to be, Julie!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

blue skies, sunshine and rainbows! I love cheerful colors in the baby quilts.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I do love the sunshine and blue skies vibe of the quilt. It is going to quilt up fantastic.

Barbara Anne said...

Moxie is too cute and that backing is dynamite! It will keep the baby cozy and interested in the colors for hours. Well done!

Hugs!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I am so glad the pale pastels are mostly out of favor in baby quilts. The "experts" say that vibrant bright colors are more stimulating to babies' brains. This quilt should do a good job of that! I love it.

Kaja said...

What a sunny, cheerful baby quilt this will be.

Mystic Quilter said...

Have to comment first up on that AMAZING quilt back for Moxie! Beautifully bright and bold. Now to the front - I like the fact that every other square is split into two rectangles, such a good idea.