Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Assumed Identities - the Album


Inside the first (cover) card, I added this information for posterity's sake.


Just one of many made-up captions (although the date is from the photo's edge).


This caption actually came from the back of the photo.


As did this one.


The photo of Hannelore and Henry (above) was dedicated to Aunt Esther and Uncle George, so those names were given to this unidentified couple.


I made up this caption but added the actual location after growing up in Michigan and visiting the Island many times (though we never stayed in the hotel).


Imagined names . . . 


As were these three.


No clue who these couples really were or where the photo was taken - but they all look pretty happy being together.


Way too many people to give names to.  

(I did a lot of searching from the 30s-60s online and created a very long list of male and female names to work from.  In the end, I used all the female names and had to add more.  The men's list had a few that were unused.)


This was the caption on the back of the photo.


And here I have imagined Beverly Joyce all grown up with her friend Carlotta.


This was one of the older photos in the stack.


No clue if this is really Cyrus, but it made for another then-and-now pair of photos.


I don't know about any of you, but my mom had a photo taken of my little sister wearing a pale yellow dress almost exactly like this one.


The names and dates were on this photo.


And this caption from the photo's back made me laugh.

* * *

There are a lot of other photos in the now-finished album but I figured this was more than enough for one post.

(if you missed the back story on this project, click HERE)


PS - my test results came back A-OK.  


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Creativity is the fun of putting together unexpected ideas."
Hazel Edwards

9 comments:

Julierose said...


What a great idea you've come up with for the imagined characters....I love how they came out--so vintage--nice work
[Good news on test results!!:)))]
Hugs, Julierose

Sally Langston Warren said...

This was fun to read/look at! I was just thinking how appropriate your choice of names was….and then you explained how you made lists. Jane, Annie, Sallie, Thelma, Francis and Margaret were also common girl names in case you need more. I am tempted to do something like this with some of my old family photos…..not the originals but the duplicates.

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

I spent WAY too much time studying this brilliant project! Bravo!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Imagination is a grand thing.

Ann said...

You’re having fun.
Congratulations on your test results.

Mystic Quilter said...

I can't imagine how much time you put in with your research but it's absolutely amazing - you also have a great imagination!
Pleased to hear of your A1 result!!

Paulette said...

What a clever idea! I have so many unidentified family photos, but this past January was finally able to ID a whole lot of them starting with one serendipitous Ancestry comment. You've given yours a whole new life and that's so cool!

Barbara Anne said...

Brilliant, heartwarming, and utterly charming. Those pictured would be so pleased!

Hugs!

Nann said...

Oh, the stories photos tell -- imagined or real! Are these actual printed photos or printed-out downloads?