Thursday, May 16, 2024

I'm Back




The attic project to upgrade and improve the A/C air flow to younger son's room upstairs is finished.  Things are much cooler now thanks to DH's efforts.

My first project was to finish the back for Moxie and get it pressed, along with the top (shown here waiting to be pin basted).


But instead of pin basting, I simply HAD to start webbing the top for Haru, my Tussie Mussie project.  

After errands this morning, I'm hoping to get the rest of the top webbed this afternoon/evening.


And I don't know HOW it has happened so quickly but this is Young Man's last full week of first grade.  

This photo was taken by his teacher last August.


And Daddy took this photo this morning to commemorate Wacky Hair Day (their  final full  week is filled with special Spirit Week fun including PJ Day, Bring Your Favorite Stuffie to School Day, Crazy Colors Day, and more).  

It has been SUCH a good year and he's learned so much - not to mention how much he has grown and matured.  

Let's hope when the first day of summer vacation arrives next week, he won't break his arm like he did last summer!  

(Dee Dah will certainly NOT take him to the skate park that day - no sense in tempting the fates)

Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Play leads to brain plasticity, adaptability, and creativity.  Nothing fires up the brain like play."
Stuart Brown, M.D.

9 comments:

Barbara Anne said...

Love the quilts in process and hats off to your DH who has made the house so much cooler. That's a real blessing in the Memphis summer heat.

YM is certainly growing and maturing. What does his current tee shirt say?

Love the quote and wish I had the energy to play. Maybe a swing tied to a sturdy tree branch?

Hugs!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Seeing your pink/green quilt in progress makes me want to get mine to that stage. The sun is shining and rain threat gone for the afternoon so I may have to pull weeds first before I play with a layout.

Julierose said...

So nic ethat you have cool air now; and that you are sewing Haru together--I just love this one so much--great colors...
BTW: thank you so much for your lovely Birthday card and wishes--I am planning on making a "Card" journal--in the working it out stage right now...hugs, Julierose

MissPat said...

Your Haru is absolutley delicious. You, Maureen and Wanda have made delightful variations of the Tussie Mussie quilt (well, Wanda's is still in progress, but I know it will be wonderful). I'd love to make one, but I don't have a big enough Kaffe stash to do it effectively.
YM has certainly grown. I liked the bow tie from the start of school.
Pat

Mystic Quilter said...

Can't wait to see Tussie Mussie all stitched up! Ah, our grandchildren grow up so, so quickly and it's such a joy to have them in our lives. Hoping Young Man has happy holidays!

Nancy said...

YES to the AC! That border print in your quilt (and back) is so delicious. Well I'm sure you all agree that Wacky Hair Day and skate park are not a good mix. But summer is here. Hope you all stay well and enjoy it.

The Joyful Quilter said...

A couple of fun looking quilts in progress, Julie. Congratulations to the rising 2nd grader!! Time just flies, doesn't it?

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

What happened to your Little Man is exactly what happened to our grands- you blinked, that's what we did, and they grew up! Oh, my! Love your Moxie quilt (being a New England girl born and raised, I love to drink Moxie too! It's an acquired taste)!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Welcome back! yay for cooler air and yay for such a colorful quilt!! And oh wow - Young man - isn't he a handsome dude!!!!