Monday, May 13, 2024

Moxie - the Scrappy Back


I didn't get much sewing done this weekend . . . but you can see the almost finished / not yet pressed backing for Moxie.  There is only one more long seam to stitch.

DH is making some significant adjustments/enhancements to the air conditioning ductwork in our attic.  Why?  Younger son's room is at the far end of the upstairs and with summer's heat coming, it is long past time to deal with the fact that his is the hottest room in the house.

The attic door and pull-down steps are in the hallway outside my studio doors (sewing and design/paper) so access has been limited and will be for another few days.    

I am NOT complaining!  This will be better for all of us once the installation and re-wiring / re-routing is complete.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Patience can cook a stone."
African proverb

4 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a great back!!
and maybe keep his room warmer - that way he comes out and cooks for you !! haha!! Just kidding - hope if all comes together coolly!

Julierose said...

Lovely bright, happy backing--goes so well with the front...hugs, Julierose

Barbara Anne said...

I love Moxie's jazzy backing and your creative imagination that created it!

Wishing your DH well as he works before the summer heat to make the house cooler for your son.

Today DS1, DIL, and their cat Dottie are headed this way (in South Carolina now) to look for a house here. We are overjoyed!! Do please pray for a house for them in the right place, for the right price, and at the right time. Thanks!

Hugs!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hope the fix is an easy one for your husband. I'm sure your son is cheering him on.