I first posted about my Abendrot project HERE.
Since then, I've spent far too much time pondering what to do next.
Turned out I cut 35 WOF at 3" and the second 35 WOF at 2.5"
Oops!
Friday night I hit upon an idea and Saturday I made sure I followed through.
Each of the 3" WOF strips was paired with one of the 2.5" WOF strips.
Here are the first 25 pairs of WOF strips sewn together.
There's a pressing marathon ahead.
(I plan to do a few at a time - definitely NOT all in one standing)
Here are those same 25 pairs with the remaining ten sets laid on top.
Once pressed, I'll sub-cut segments from each WOF pair.
Then I'll have options - I can lay them out ala Metamorphosis.
Or I can turn them into some sort of four-patch arrangement.
Or I could lay them out into some sort of vertical columnar coins design.
I want to wait and see what the sub-cut segments look like before deciding.
And yes, I have three projects sitting on my sewing machine table.
I stalled on DD 12-Confetti after I did the Zoom presentation but I know better than to put it where I can't see it.
Ruth is ready for the rest of the blocks to be assembled (each block is on its own styrofoam plate).
And now Abendrot has joined the mix - if my plan works, I'll be able to leader ender the segments as I stitch the blocks for Ruth.
Time will tell.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Don't dance for the audience. Dance for yourself."
Bob Fosse





7 comments:
Great collection of yellows for this one, QDJulie!! What size subcut will you make??? I am looking forward to seeing how this one comes together for sure;))))
We are expecting 6"-8" of snow overnight into tomorrow...and so back to Winter we shall go!! Hugs, Julierose
Abendrot is a great word (I looked at the earlier post with the definition). Good rescue for your cut pieces.
Yellow is such a good color to be working with in the second half of winter. Also a good one to work on in tandem with another one.
What a delightful array of yellows and such a good variety! Your stash serves you well. :)
Good save on the cutting mistake. I was going to suggest you save the 2.5" strips for another project or the backing, binding, or border for Abendrot. Your solution will make a much more interesting quilt!
Hugs!
Luscious yellows! I love how you have multiple ideas all going on together.
Oh boy I'm looking forward to seeing your progress with Abendrot, your yellow strip sets are intriguing and so, so cheerful.
It can be a good thing to have several projects on the go. I always enjoy coming here and catching up with you and your wonderful creativity!:)
Post a Comment