Friday, February 9, 2024

Smaragdine and Leprechaun - the Quilts


Smaragdine (meaning emerald green in color) is finished.

24" wide x 44" long


Quilted using my liberated orange peels with Glide thread in Basil.


I love the bold backing fabric (Brandon Mably's Chips).  

What originally began as my version of Lancaster Diamonds has evolved into a small wall quilt for the month of March.  

As a friend said, "sometimes diamonds are not a girl's best friend."


Leprechaun, another wall quilt for March, is also finished.

24" wide x 41" long

Panel named "Hello Lucky" by Andrea Tachiera for Henry Glass.


Quilted with my all over liberated spiral fans using Glide thread in Basil.


The wonderful plaid binding was left over from a previous project and is absolutely perfect here.


Backing is Jumble in green from the Kaffe Fassett Collective. 

* * *

And now that both of these are finished, I need to get busy and pin baste Macnas (an Irish word for playfulness).  

With all its greens, I'd like to have it ready to use in my recliner during March. 

Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."
Confucious


7 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Wow, your are almost ready for March. I love all of the green.

Mari said...

They're so wonderful, Julie! I love green and the eandom bits of yellow really sparkle. The leprechaun is such a fun little quilt. That plaid binding really is perfect. These will be great for all of March!

Barbara Anne said...

Wonderful quilts for the "Top 'O tha morning" days to come and what a happy discovery of the green plaid fabric for the binding!

On your quilt labels, do you include the translation of the unusual quilt names?

Hugs!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

How very pretty both of these are! The greens are so vivid and the Leprechaun is cute as Spring!

Julierose said...

Samargdine is so beautiful--I do love that KF print and have some ready to use in my stash--as i organized greens I stopped to "pet it" a bit ;)))) hahaha
And Leprechaun came out so well..."Begorra" ;)))
hugs for such nice works Julierose

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful mix of greens and the pops of KF alternate blocks just mix so well.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Just a beautiful quilt- the colors, tha pattern, the finish! I have never seen Glide Basil. I love and use the Celery. Next time I place an order, I will make sure to buy a cone! Looks terrific.