Saturday, October 14, 2023

Dilemma Resolved


Last December, I fell in love with Nancy's idea of making a Lancaster Diamond quilt (or some variation thereof).  

You can read about that HERE.

Since then, I've posted about the project several times - the easiest way to see those is to click on the Lancaster Diamonds label at the end of this post.

And ever since, my brain has been trying to resolve the dilemma of how to set my not-at-all-like-the-pattern scrappy green diamonds.

And I mean there has been a total overload of too much thinking . . . 


Earlier today I decided I'm just tired of trying to figure out how to set the diamonds.

So I cut 3.5" squares from the 25 diamonds in the project box.

I also pulled out the stack of strata I'd made in case it was needed to cut more diamonds and cut even more 3.5" squares.


By the time I finished, I had 56 squares and enough single strips to piece together for four more squares (also meaning that the project box was completely emptied).

With each one becoming a  3" finished square, definitely not enough to make a dining room wall quilt for March, but by using the Kaffe Fassett Moss Rose yardage to cut alternate squares, I can make it work.


I've decided to name this wall quilt Smaragdine (adjective meaning emerald-green in color).

* * *

Once the remaining squares are cut, I'll tuck this back on the shelf until after the first of the year.

And between now and when I pull it out again, I won't have to overthink at all.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"All great changes are preceded by chaos."
Deepak Chopra

9 comments:

Jeanne said...

Whoa! Big decision!!! I was done fussing with my diamonds also, a while ago.

Barb N said...

Your greens are so pretty! And I love your saying today - so true!

Julierose said...

Good thinking and fab-u-lous save from overthinking about those diamonds!! These squares were meant to be--just hiding out inside those diamonds;)))
I love the KF Moss Rose fabric--it'll really be perfect. I'll bet you took a deep breath of relief after cutting;))))))
hugs, Julierose

abelian said...

Looks like you made limeade (green lemonade). Dot

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

This sounds like a better plan. Pretty greens!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

This one is going to be fun!!! Love the name!!!

Nann said...

Oh, those emerald greens glow! Great name for a terrific project rescue.

Barbara Anne said...

Wonderful!!! Your new plans on your note-to-self will guide you when you return to these delightful quilt beginnings.

Sick again so not much accomplished here. Bummer.

Hugs!

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely sight, all the greens and good for you with your decision making. I have had to have a number of quiet days so will catch up on your posts tomorrow.