Friday, October 13, 2023

Something Small but Something Made


After the last few days, I really wanted to MAKE something.

So I grabbed the Turquoise-Yellow group of prepared cards for my Rolodex Color Wheel and spent some time adding collaged bits.

These twelve cards will become six double-sided cards after I attach the pairs together later today.

(photos will enlarge for more detail) 


These singles will become five more double-sided cards and then the Turquoise-Yellow section will be complete.

There are postage stamps, wrapping paper scraps, space stickers from Little Man's stash, bits cut from packaging (cookies, a pair of LM's pants, sunscreen, crackers, and even a sticker from an Amazon box), snippets from magazines/junk mail, and even a few sewn skinny strips of fabric in this mix.

And I now know that my plan to have backgrounds on the blank cards with an envelope full of bits for each color group ready to go really does work.  

It was a definite "happy" to be able to pull these out and just start assembling/playing.

* * *

My studio goal for the weekend is to make at least two or three more blocks for DD12.

And to fold/put away several stacks of fabric that have been sitting around for far too long.

I'd also love to get Inglenook pin basted but I'm not sure whether or not real life will cooperate.  Time will tell.



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"There is nothing more urgent today than taking care of your mind, body, and soul."
Lauren Fortenberry

2 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely cards you've finished...:)))
I did some cutting for my next Old Italian Blocks...slow and restful morning
here...
Hugs, Julierose

Barbara Anne said...

How satisfying to sit and play when you want to and you have prepared things so you're ready to start immediately!

Hope you'll be able to move Inglenook to the top of the list and that obligations, tasks, circumstances, and your energy level will let you get it pin-basted asap. It's that time of year when Inglenooks colors reflect this glorious autumn season.

Hugs!