Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Progress Comes in Many Forms


I did manage to get two more blocks sewn for Dumpster Diving 12 - Confetti, but not until Wednesday afternoon.


While the iron was on, I pressed the various sections for January's dining room wall quilt - Gnomeville.  

As it turned out, the panel I thought I would add to widen the backing is not going to be needed so it will become a runner on its own.


I spent a morning sorting already-cut strips for January's new kitchen table quilt named Brumous (adjective meaning "of gray skies and winter days").

There will be sixty-four 8" (finished) blocks in the 64" x 64" quilt, hence the stack of plated strips.

Click HERE to read about my series of Kitchen Table Quilts if you aren't familiar with them.


In other news, DH hung up the artisan-made lavender Icelandic glass star that the kids give me for my birthday last month.   (They brought it home with them earlier in the year after their adventure in Iceland)

* * *

October and November are the months for a number of annual doctor appointments - so far all of my test results have been good.  

Two more to go - fingers crossed that the run of "good results" continues.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Being okay if it happens and okay if it doesn't is a very powerful place to be."
Kate Eckman

4 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

good wishes for good reports...gotta keep on quilting!

Nann said...

The visual shift from the colorful Confetti to the gray/taupe/white Brumous is fun!

Barbara Anne said...

Love the alternating block layout for DD12 in picture 1. What glorious eye candy!

Brumous' subtle colors do speak to winter's cold and those paper plate organizers work wonderfully. I still use the paper plates you inspired me to utilize.

I'm so glad for the good medical reports and hope the last two appts. yield the same results.

I read a quote from E.B. White that I thought you would like:
"I am always humbled by the infinite ingenuity of the Lord, who can make a red barn cast a blue shadow."

Hugs!

Mystic Quilter said...

Both quilts are coming along nicely, your DD12 has me itching to get a few more blocks of my Lego quilt made.