Audrey over at Quilty Folk is proposing an informal quilt along - you can read about it near the end of this post.
She suggested we start digging in our stash for older fabrics to use. I went with the colors in her fabric pull (shown near the end of that post) since I so admire her quilts and I didn't want to re-invent a color palette that might not have worked as well as hers.
I decided it was time to move the three remaining seasonal dining room wall quilts forward (I was tired of them lurking about the studio).
January's Gnomeville is now ready for pin basting - that's the backing you see around the edges.
I've hung this project in the closet for now (sans batting) since it is not on my get-it-done-soon priority list.
Then I completely changed my plan for February's Heart Throb.
Instead of using a panel, I went with these charm squares from a Moda line named Flirt (lots of hearts and love language text).
Since this photo was taken, the squares were taken down and clipped and are now ready to web together into a top.
For March's Smaragdine, I cut the sixty alternate squares (KF's Moss Rose) and have paired/pinned so I can leader-ender the pairs as I work on the next few Dumpster Diving 12 blocks.
The Brandon Mably Chips yardage under the blocks will be used for backing and I went ahead and cut the binding strips while the Moss Rose yardage was out.
No more serious pondering for these three - only a need to sit and sew (or quilt).
* * *
I'll be back in a day or so with Part 2 to share the progress on my various paper-based projects.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"Deciding what not to do is as important as deciding what to do."
Steve Jobs





8 comments:
so many colorful projects....
Best of luck with making some additional quilt progress, Julie. Looking forward to seeing your paper projects, too!!
Unusual colors in the fabric pull, but I'm all for trying new things and using up old stuff. Love the Gnomeville quilt (and that backing!) and the Kaffe floral in the March quilt is so lovely and perfect. Have fun with all the quilting up!
What delicious fabrics you've pulled for the new quilt-along and what a stellar idea it is to use older fabrics. I have a couple of the greens and pinks in your stacks.
Well done in moving forward in the other quilts you have in process, decisions made, pins in, and fun abounds.
Hugs!
Oh, I love all the projects and ideas. Love the energy and colors of what you are working towards.
Liking your fabric pull Julie, hoping to find time before the end of the week to go through my stash.
Funny how your fabric pull happens to look so much better than mine! hehe Love that you stay so busy in your studio and still manage to find time to post. I'm struggling so with the blogging after getting back from my daughters this summer. Will have to figure out how to manage my time better once again!
You made amazing use of your studio time!!!
Post a Comment