Friday, January 12, 2024

Move it Forward!


I ran across this on the Daisy Yellow Art website and realized it would be a perfect backdrop to reinvigorate my stalled Scrappy Rainbow Rolodex project.

So I pulled it out, figured out where things stood, and picked up where I left off.


Based on previous calculations, I have enough single cards left to collage to create that I need to complete at least 36 individual cards (or 18 two-sided pairs) each month if I want the Rolodex completed by the end of December.

I started with the reds.  

Fourteen individual cards were collaged and combined to add seven new two-sided pairs to the previously finished three pairs.

One color group checked off the master list!


Next I pulled out the pink group.

Twenty individual cards were collaged and combined to add ten new two-sided pairs to the three previously completed pairs.

Another color group checked off the master list!


To push past my target totals for January, I chose the warm low volume group next.


This photo shows sixteen individual cards/eight two-sided pairs waiting to be collaged,


And this photo shows another fourteen individual cards/seven two-sided pairs waiting to be completed.


The two baskets hold color group envelopes filled over time with scrappy bits for collaging the cards.

The red and pink envelopes' leftover bits have been added to the collection baskets for my planned ROYGBIV glue books. 

And since my goal now is to move this project forward each month in a more organized manner, I have pulled out my styrofoam plate sorting system.

Last night I went through the low volume envelope and chose the pieces that will go on each of the thirty cards.

Each card and its mate are on one plate; and the plates are stacked, waiting for me to glue things in place (perhaps even this weekend).

Later in the month, I'll share "for the record" photos of January's completed cards

It feels good to know this project is no longer languishing in the closet!

p.s.  I also sewed together another set of strips for the next Dumpster Diving 12 block - moving that pending quilt top forward felt good, too.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things."
Henry Ward Beecher

4 comments:

Barbara Anne said...

Enjoy the deep satisfaction of progress on the rainbow cards and on DD12! Love the motivating and colorful encouraging statement from Daisyyellowart.com, too.

We're off to a medical appt, so fingers crossed!

Hugs!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Yay for you!!! I love creating, even if it's something unexpected and something that keeps me from working on what I should. :)

Mystic Quilter said...

I find your Rolodex projects so fascinating!I just wouldn't have the patience nor the imagination to work with a project like this, do keep showing us your updates please.

Millie said...

I love you, but damned if I have any clue what I'm going to be doing in DECEMBER! I mean, It's not quite halfway through JANUARY. I could no more plan what I think I'll be doing in December (at this time of the year) than I can stand on my head. This is when I really understand what my mother told me when I was 14. "Lynne, you're not the average bear." She was paraphrasing Yogi. And I am well aware this dates me.