There are thirteen seams in each Dumpster Diving 12 - Confetti slab.
There are three seams in each Brumous strip set.
So by stitching one Brumous seam as a leader-ender between each DD12 seam, there are four full Brumous strip sets sewn (plus one extra seam) for each DD12 slab.
I need to sew up nine more slabs for DD12 blocks - layout four wide by five long plus sashing.
At this point there are less than 20 Brumous strip sets remaining.
Nine blocks x thirteen seams equals 117 seams and 117 seams divided by 3 seams equals 39 strip sets.
Since I don't have that many strip sets yet to piece for Brumous, I've marked the corner squares to start snowballing one corner per 8.5" block.
Brumous will be needed come January first, so I am delighted to see the top finally moving forward.
DD12 can be finished any time after the first of the year - so once the last nine slabs are sewn, pressed, and squared I will take all twenty blocks off the design wall and focus on the layout for Brumous.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"We must not allow the clock and the calendar to blind us to the fact that each moment is a miracle and a mystery."
H.G. Wells





6 comments:
Oh my, a whole lot of seams going on! Neutrals and brights- that ought to keep your toes tapping!
Lots of seams on those 2 quilts. It sounds like a lot of good mindless sewing, so relaxing.
These are going to be lovely quilts, and pretty much opposites in terms of color and pattern. Confetti is also going to be quite heavy, with all those seams! :) Have fun!
Ah...Quilt math. :o))
Ah, the joys of working with different colors of fabric and different projects just for the change, challenge, and fun of it!
Enjoy!
Hugs!
It's fun to have more than one project on the go I find. I love how DD12 is coming along, so vibrant and looks like you're going to have to motor along to have Brumous finished b y the end of the year.
Post a Comment